Post Stitch Review Afghan

pamptl

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi Pam, welcome to the ville!

You may want to review the site guidelines, we are not supposed to post big chunks of patterns due to copyright. It is ok to post a small section of a pattern.

However this one seems to be free online from the publisher http://www.crochetmagazine.com/printer.php?mode=article&article_id=2283 so we can all see the whole thing.

What exactly do you need help with?

Here it is on Ravelry, but i don't see any helpful comments or photos of finished projects http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/post-stitch-review

A good photo is usually very very helpful. I hate the fact that DRG publishers are so chintzy with photos and almost never use stitch diagrams! I have the book it was in so will look in case there is more info there but there prbably isn't.....

the book has the same 2 photos as the pattern site.  thankfully they get bigger when you click on them!

looking at the position of sq 3 in the graph for assembling, I think that square 3 is the one that has 2 big diamonds. on the upper photo it is the second one up from the bottom corner.   so there are cable crosses at the bottom and top and the corners of the diamonds cross in the center.  

let us know what exactly you need help with and we will do our best!  

To comply with our forum policies relating to copyright issues, I had to remove the pattern for the afghan squared from the original post.

PayPal, we'd love to help you, but we have to follow copyright law while doing so.

You can post the one line of instructions you're having trouble with. In certain circumstances, you can post the one row before.

Or you could post a link to the pattern or tell us where it was published. Someone who has the pattern may be able to help you.

Maybe it's just me, but this is an odd blanket.  Odd in that I'd think that the squares would be more evenly distributed.

o--There are 9 different square designs

o--There are 35 squares total

o--Square 1 appears 3 times, squares 2-8 each appear twice, square 9 appears 18 times!

Note, square 3 is not visible in the link in post 2, but it is visible in the link in post 3 (top photo), 2 large conjoined diamonds as Magiccrochetfan said.

Let us know the spot you are having trouble with.  I'm guessing you are having issues with rows 4 and 8--these are the cross-over rows.  I just noticed that the abbreviation 'sk' isn't defined, it means skip (which, if you are doing these in order, is also in square 2, in round 3) The cross-over part is "with hook in front of sts just made, fpdtr around first sk post st, [fpdtr around next sk post st] twice".  You will reach over the top of the fabric, to your right, working front posts into the earlier stitches in the round (which you had previously skipped).

Not to scare you, but square 4 will be the hardest one, I think.  I recently started a project with this pattern, but the crossover row (also row 4) is hard to visualize - in this case you are reaching behind, and the path of the hook seems really convoluted. Just follow the instructions, trust what it is telling you even if it sounds impossible.  

Archived