Crochet for Foster kids

Mrs. Mia Johns

Hello my name is Mia and I crochet for Foster kids because every kid should have some thing home made with love. There are about 250 kids in my country currently in foster care and they get kids temporarily all the time who are scared and do not always understand what is going on I try and provide DHS with on hand blankets to give to each new child as well as a little comfort bag with some other things in it like a doll or other toy and then blankets, hats and bags and elct for the ones they have in permanent custody as well . When your in foster care and moved from home to home having something that is just yours and comfort items goes a long way. I have gotten to see a few kids receive their blanket and bag and it is amazing  but the demand is really high I have not been able to make every kid a blankets and it is my personal goal to see that each one gets one because I believe it really makes a difference in their lives. 

So I just wanted to invite any one interested in helping out to do so. Really anything crochet is appreciated I have yet to be told oh do not give us this or that, and I have heard so many stories from our social worker contact of how the kids loved what they got and I have gotten some thank you cards and just wish i could crochet more faster but I am not able to do so and there are not many people who regularly will  so I was hoping perhaps some of you might be interested with the holidays coming up I am hopping to have more to give .

If you can not make a blanket or throw hats, toys ( toys are just loved), clothes, bags,  are all gladly accepted you can use ANY pattern or yarn I live in a really small town and DHS out here is not picky at all and the kids are happy to just to get socks half the time.

Any size throw is fine and blanket baby to adult size even we do not have a ton of older kids but there are some teenagers in the system.  the kids love colorful a lot but they are not picky at all  hats are really liked and bags as well you no they are kids they like just about everything.  

Any one looking to make a contribution just PM me  If you have squares I no some people like to make squares but do not like to assemble them( such as my grandmother) I will gladly put them together  and  I am happy to even use my own yarn to do so.  Thanks !

Archived