Shell Stitch cluster Border adive

Mrs. Mia Johns

Question

7 answers to this question

Persnally i do not think everything has to have a border, some things to me look better "unframed". If you could post a photo or link to a pattern photo, it would help us make specific suggestions. Cluster shell could be a lot of different things, so a visual image would help.

If you can tell us the name of the pattern (and source, like a book or magazine) or post a link, we can take a peek at the stitch pattern.

I agree with Magiccrochetfan that borders are not always necessary, and even can spoil the look of a blanket if an inappropriate border is chosen.  Less is often more.

In my opinion, (I know, I'm picky) a border around a color striped blanket does seldom improves the blanket...my own bugaboo is seeing jagged edges which are impossible to avoid when working into the side edges of something that is 1 or more different colors.  You avoid this with a solid color blanket with a contrasting border (first border round=blanket color, so next row in new color is worked into tops of stitches and not jagged), but not stripes.

Since the blanket sounds like it might already be 'sort of girly' (cluster shell pattern), something simple like a round of SC, or even reverse SC might suffice.  Reverse SC is a good blanket edging because it's firm, sort of rope-like.

I agree I had not even thought of a border till my hubby asked what I was going to do when it is done it is still being worked on slowly the kid and I are just getting over a cold and I have been really tired lately. 

I do not actually know how to post a photo I will have to figure it out

To add a photo to a post, click on More Reply Options that you will see at the bottom.  Then there is a big paperclip that says Attach Files, you choose the photo from your files and upload it.  If you need more info on how to do this, i think it is in the Board Stuff/Board Help forum section.  

Thank you very much! I will get a photo on here.

The more I think about it I am thinking I will just leave it  as is. I think it looks just fine my self, and I might actually gift something else to the couple I am not sure her husband to be is going to like it as much as I no she would. perhaps I will give her this one and make him a  simple grey throw he likes anything grey it seems.

post-75903-0-48362800-1443047248_thumb.jpg

It's very pretty!  No border needed, says I!  :lol

Seriously, like GrannySquare said, bordering a striped pattern often detracts from it.

Note that the striped throw in my avatar has no border (and I didn't even sew in the yarn ends, left them as fringe :eek )  

Archived