Eight new doilies made with Elisa thread size 20

Veronika Rohrhofer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh how LOVELY These are!! and- another thanks- I know now how long it would take say, an experienced crocheter to complete a doily. I always wondered why they don't post "estimated time to complete" on patterns any more? I know some old patterns used to have them. I am new at it so these things matter to me (the time it would USUALLY take a person to complete)

anyway- very nice, your work is always so beautiful

Oh how LOVELY These are!! and- another thanks- I know now how long it would take say, an experienced crocheter to complete a doily. I always wondered why they don't post "estimated time to complete" on patterns any more? I know some old patterns used to have them. I am new at it so these things matter to me (the time it would USUALLY take a person to complete)

anyway- very nice, your work is always so beautiful

You know, it is difficult to tell the estimated time which you might work on a doily because there is always the chance to go wrong (eg to many stitches or you miss a stitch - I would always correct it as soon as I notice a mistake). Luckily this doesn't happen very often.

• 8 months later...

Veronica, what do you do with all your doilies? You seem to make quite a few!! REALLY lovely work.

I have not yet decided what I will do with all the doilies I crocheted. There will be an article in the Carinthian daily newspaper "Kleine Zeitung" shortly about my "hobby". I consider to show some of my doilies in an exhibition in my native valley but only if it doesn't involve to much of my time because I am travelling a lot!

Veronica, did you ever think to sell your work on Esty? I'm a crochet for pleasure person and could never be kept to any schedule  LOL  Crochet is a great hobby because you can carry your work anywhere!

A one day project?? Any one of those would take me a week, if I only worked them an hour or two each day. My trouble is I still find mistakes a few rows down, and have to unravel the rows and start anew. I am not expert yet but getting better.

But just like Dollygk says-  you could maybe sell them. You could have owners of your doilies all over the world, you make them while you travel, and sell them along the way. The woman responsible for the LACIS company, she is now deceased but supported herself during WWII making doilies for American GI's that they sent "back home" as gifts for loved ones.

• 6 months later...

Are these your designs? Where are the patterns available? They are all lovely.

No, these are not my designs. I have hundreds of German and also some English crochet books. These days (for the last two years) I am crocheting with Guetermann sewing thread C Ne 50 and now I am able to tell you in which book the pattern was published. Until 1st of May I am in Australia and then I will be back in Vienna where all my crochet books and patterns are filed.

Archived