I'm so confused

julieatripp

Question

I've been scratching my head trying to figure this out....can anyone help me? Please!!!

Divide for Back and Fronts-Right Front

Keeping continuity of pattern, work across first 8 (10, 12)

sts; turn. Work even in pattern on these sts until armhole

depth is 4 (4, 5)”. Fasten off.

8 answers to this question

Welcome to the ville!

You continue to work in the stitch pattern, that is what continuity of pattern means.

Work into only the first 8, 10, or 12 stitches, the number for the size you are making.  After those stitches you turn and work across only those stitches, still working in the same stitch pattern. 

Keep repeating this until you have a section (like a strap) that is either 4 or 5 inches long.

Working only some of the stitches in a row is called making a "short row".  

I think it is just telling you where you are in the construction of the sweater, you are making the right front section.  Before this I assume you were making one piece that covers the front sections and the back section.  

A really good pattern will have a schematic, a line drawing that shows the shape of the pieces and their dimensions.  

This is the part I'm so confused. Everytime I think I have it, I just dont. I've been crocheting for 30yrs, this is the first time I've ever been confused on a pattern.

Divide for Back and Fronts-Right Front

Keeping continuity of pattern, work across first 8 (10, 12)

sts; turn. Work even in pattern on these sts until armhole

depth is 4 (4, 5)”. Fasten off.

Back

With right side facing, join yarn in next st of last long row;

work pattern in same st and next 23 (29, 35) sts; turn – 24

(30, 36) sts. Work even until back is same length as front.

Fasten off.

Left Front

With right side facing, join yarn in next st of last long row;

work pattern across last 8 (10, 12) sts; turn. Work even in

pattern until same length as front. Fasten off.

For back, go to the stitch next to the front strip you just made, join your yarn there. Crochet over the next 23, 29,35 stitches, and again you are making a short row.

What is the name and location of the pattern? Hopefully there is a photo or something to give you a mental picture of it.

Eta....Is it Purplelicious https://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW2227.pdf ?

Archived