Need help w/hats, afghans , etc....

owlvamp

Help w/afghans,hat ,scarves and gloves
Hi all. A few of us women will be reaching out to Battered women in shelters, homeless and foster children in our area during the cold months and at christmas time 2015. In the meantime we are taking donations of afghans and scarves,gloves and caps/hats. If anyone is interested in making and donating an item(no specific pattern, you choose) it would be wonderful.
So for these cold months now I am collecting for and through out the year as well. Please join in and lets help out these folks and children. It really is so much fun and rewarding.

If you do decide that you would like to help and have something to send, let me know so that I can give you mailing details.
Thank you.

EDIT: Link to old original thread that is now locked due to a technical glitch.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm donating to a local Christmas drive this year, but am happy to share some of the patterns I've discovered and am planning on making. I just finished a Lego scarf for my nephew and am working on the Pokemon scarf for his brother. Both work up quickly, so I'm planning making a second set adding them to my donations.

Lego Block scarf (good for toddler size) I made mine in half double crochets to get better bobbles

Pokeball scarf

• 1 month later...

Thank you Bailey4 for the patterns.

Going to be wrapping this up about the third week in Dec. I collect year round and could use the help.

jump on board anytime you want.

I still have about 35 hats and scarves to make. Dead line is like Dec.19 for the foster childrens Christmas Party.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived