Tampa Doll

Polish Peasant

I bought a book called International dolls.  There is one from Holland, Poland,and Norway.  I wanted to make a special doll for a friends daughter.

So I made the Polish Peasant outfit.  I used a darker color for the dress part, as she is about 4 years old, I wanted something that she would be able to play with and not worry about it.  The outfit is for a 13 inch doll, but I used a rag doll.

I think she turned out cute.

Twirling  post-105-0-39322000-1441634214_thumb.jpg  Check me out 

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 6

Hi ladies. Sorry for being MIA but I've been under the weather....recuperating nicely now, so will be sure to check in again

She looks great in her beautiful outfit. You did a wonderful job!:)

Thank you all.  I am now waiting for the second book of international dolls.  This one has Canada, India Mexico and Jamaica.  They should be fun to make.

I think autocorrect played with the title of this thread. Should be Peasant...not pheasant...I got a chuckle this morning when I realized it...

I think autocorrect played with the title of this thread. Should be Peasant...not pheasant...I got a chuckle this morning when I realized it...

What is bad with me is that I spell the way things sound and not the real spelling.  When there are 2 ways of spelling something I usually get it wrong.  All better now.

Edited by Tampa Doll

OMG, the doll is absolutely the cutest!

What is bad with me is that I spell the way things sound and not the real spelling.  When there are 2 ways of spelling something I usually get it wrong.  All better now.

Mary Jo, my 40 yo son does the same thing..lol!

OMG! Now I need that book.   :yes    I love polish dolls.

Where did you get that cute rag doll.   It's the perfect doll for the outfit.

Edited by Cathoms
  • Like 1

OMG! Now I need that book.   :yes    I love polish dolls.

Where did you get that cute rag doll.   It's the perfect doll for the outfit.

I bought the rag doll when SunShine Discount was going out of business.  Factory Direct has some, not quite the same, but close.

I bought several and still have a couple left.

This cutest doll came to Poland and is really loved gift  :manyheart

Here you can see it "in use"  :D

post-30828-0-30771600-1442593176_thumb.jpg  post-30828-0-83330800-1442593270_thumb.jpg

I bought a book called International dolls.  There is one from Holland, Poland,and Norway.  I wanted to make a special doll for a friends daughter.

So I made the Polish Peasant outfit.  I used a darker color for the dress part, as she is about 4 years old, I wanted something that she would be able to play with and not worry about it.  The outfit is for a 13 inch doll, but I used a rag doll.

I think she turned out cute.

Twirling  attachicon.gifSP Polish Pheasant Doll.JPG  Check me out 

Mary Jo, I was just wondering..did that rag doll came with that hair?, or did you made that hair?.

Like I said, that doll is beautiful:).

When I was little girl in Poland I use to have a costume similar to that but a lot different. I think it was called: Krakowianka, I could be wrong. There was a LOT of sequence on that & a lot of embroidery. Those costiumes were very expensive. I was only alloved to wear that on a very special occasions.

I had another similar costume from : Zespol Kurpiewski. That was a dance & singing group that I belong to for many years. That group was widely known even in differant countrys. O do at that time Poland was a comunist country but our group would get permision to travel almost all other country's:). We were very priwlaged to be able to travel to differant contry's. I do have a great memory from all those years:).

Those communist rules were not permitting that to their people. That group was located in a city name Plock. That is about 70 miles from Warsaw.

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

I love the pictures.  She looks very happy and it made my day.  I had to laugh when you said you could not really see it, as she grabbed it and ran. :rofl

Krys, the doll came with the hair.  I bought several from Sunshine Crafts when they wen tout of business.  The only one who has a rag doll now is Factory Direct.  The price is also great.

Now as for the design, I followed a pattern and used embroidered ribbon on the bottom.  I was looking at the costumes on the web, then I found this pattern.  Some of the costumes I saw just had a lot of embroidery on them.