It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas - CAL

darski

Thank you Darski! yep that's the way it works, but I try not to let it own me, but the other way around....

Today will be better!

I got DD off to school and got back and did 1 square (round) of the peppermint afghan and fixing to get up and try to get some things accomplished today...

I just had to check in the Ville before starting!! :lol

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!!

Happy Crocheting!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, some great stuff to get me in the Christmas mood! I have been asked to make dog sweaters for a friend of mine's pet supply shop, so that is what I'm going to have to start doing. She wants Christmas and Hanukkah sweaters, so it's all about the green, white and red, and blue and white combos. I am also in the middle of a spring granny square afghan and some hats for my kids for gifts, so this will be another thing to start. I never get bored! :lol

Now to start a sweater and take pictures...

I would be interested in what type of yarn you use to make these with. The first thing I tried to crochet was a sweater for my Chihuahua. It was way too bulky and big. Turned out terrible LOL. I have wanted to make sweaters for her and other small dogs as well, but been afraid to spend that much time again and it not work out....

I would be interested in what type of yarn you use to make these with. The first thing I tried to crochet was a sweater for my Chihuahua. It was way too bulky and big. Turned out terrible LOL. I have wanted to make sweaters for her and other small dogs as well, but been afraid to spend that much time again and it not work out....

When we did the "Duds for Doggies" CAL most of us used Worsted Weight yarn.  Even for the small dogs it seemed to work well.   that Cal is not too long so you may find it helpful to read through it.

Hello Ladies!!

I haven t forgotten you! ( :waving darski)  Life took a spin when my sweet FIL came down with cancer and then we lost him just 1 week later on November 5. So that really slowed me down.. The starbright afghan is NOT going to get to be a Christmas gift this year ( I've only gotten 10 rounds done and it takes 42, not to mention the joining).. I'm thinking that this year I will start working on Christmas gifts all through the year! LOL!

But I'm following this post because it brings me joy seeing what others are doing for Christmas!!

How is that Retro Ornament coming darski?

Hello Ladies!!

I haven t forgotten you! ( :waving darski)  Life took a spin when my sweet FIL came down with cancer and then we lost him just 1 week later on November 5. So that really slowed me down.. The starbright afghan is NOT going to get to be a Christmas gift this year ( I've only gotten 10 rounds done and it takes 42, not to mention the joining).. I'm thinking that this year I will start working on Christmas gifts all through the year! LOL!

But I'm following this post because it brings me joy seeing what others are doing for Christmas!!

How is that Retro Ornament coming darski?

Howdy ,  I decided to leave that ghan until the new year.  I really need to et some more shawls made and I have had other stuff on my plate lately.  I just saw it on Pinterest yesterday and I do love it but I want to be able to focus on it when I do it.

I am so sorry for your loss.  That is tough.

Seems like a lot of people have hit a wall of some type this month.

I'm really sorry about your father in law Michelle. Losing a loved one around the holiday sucks. My mom passed on Dec 8th and it makes getting in the mood for Christmas really tough for me.

I have been mostly making cat mats lately. I have heard that using wool dryer balls can really soften up yarn work. Has anyone tried them? Ha, maybe I will put them on my Christmas wish list. I wash the cat mats 3 or 4 times to get the stiffness out.

Oops. Totally forgot about those. Thanks Lynn and Darski for bringing those back up again.

How easily I forgot about them. Shiny Object Syndrome, I guess.

Ps, why can't I find emoji anymore? Darski the computer wiz, where are they? I am using an iPad. Maybe you can't get them with an iPad?

Oops. Totally forgot about those. Thanks Lynn and Darski for bringing those back up again.

How easily I forgot about them. Shiny Object Syndrome, I guess.

Ps, why can't I find emoji anymore? Darski the computer wiz, where are they? I am using an iPad. Maybe you can't get them with an iPad?

what are emoji?  I can't place the word. :think

Emoji are those smily face things like the headscratcher you have in your post

when you choose to reply there should be an entire host of options above your typing area.  it includes fonts sizes and colours, links posting and the emoticons and such.  On my computer the emoticons (emoji) are between font colours ad "My Media" options.

do you have any of those choices on your Ipad?... I'll post this and then check my Fire

Archived