It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas - CAL

darski

I just wanted to get something posted so I'm showing a corner of the baby blanket. 

I have started the sweater and I only hope I have enough of the Winter White to complete it. :sigh

post-4896-0-07049300-1443029602_thumb.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Darski,

I am such a dope. When you were showing the yarn in the previous post, I said that I liked the afghan that was under the yarns you were selecting from...I didn't realize that was the start of the blanket. I love it!!

So I just noticed tonight that the first post you made said this was a Christmas afghan CAL. As it seems like we have already made this a Christmas-anything CAL, I will share this:

post-13802-0-30788000-1443411633_thumb.jpg

I have made these since I was a little girl in the 70's. I make them in a scalloped basket too, but I don't have any of those done. They take a million hours to make, but they cost next to nothing and that's why I liked them as a kid.

Wow, some great stuff to get me in the Christmas mood! I have been asked to make dog sweaters for a friend of mine's pet supply shop, so that is what I'm going to have to start doing. She wants Christmas and Hanukkah sweaters, so it's all about the green, white and red, and blue and white combos. I am also in the middle of a spring granny square afghan and some hats for my kids for gifts, so this will be another thing to start. I never get bored! :lol

Now to start a sweater and take pictures...

• 2 weeks later...

Well I decided to make a hat with that variegated yarn with the metallic in it that I tried to use on the coaster. It doesn't seem like it is going to be very soft. That silver stuff is scratchy. I will attack it with fabric softener and see what happens to the acrylic part.

post-13802-0-09879400-1445225185_thumb.jpg

Well I decided to make a hat with that variegated yarn with the metallic in it that I tried to use on the coaster. It doesn't seem like it is going to be very soft. That silver stuff is scratchy. I will attack it with fabric softener and see what happens to the acrylic part.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I've had the same problem with other metallic yarns.  I didn't buy the yarn so I figured the giftee would just have to live with it. :rofl

I find that young people will put up with stuff for the 'effect'.  It does look very pretty though.  It striped itself very nicely.

Hi everyone! :waving

I just found the Ville yesterday after being MIA for a couple of years... It is so good to be back!!

This CAL caught my eye and I would love to be a part! I actually have not crocheted in a couple of years either! :eek  But I am getting in the Christmas spirit! Don't know why as money is going to be a challenge,,, but I guess my fingers better get after it!

This is what I started on last night. If I can finish in time it will be for my DIL.. She requested not too long ago..

http://images4-b.ravelrycache.com/uploads/MsKelly65/135157864/peppermint_afghan_small2.jpg

Darski, I :heart  your Christmas baby layette set!!!

What a beautiful afghan.  I'm still working on the Dr. Who scarf for my great niece.  This thing is huge and is more like a mini afghan, but I guess the idea is to drape it multiple times according to the pics I've seen.  I have a few more pocket scarves to get started, too.

Hi girls!

Hope everyone is having a great day so far! I just can't seem to get anything done.... I have work chores galore plus some office work for DH, and outside work to do,, but I downloaded the Windows 10 to my computer yesterday and can't seem to quit playing with it! :compute 

thank you.  I have wanted to do that ghan forever; just never got my nerve up to start it. :rofl

and :welcome aboard

Wow Michelle, that is an ambitious project. Can't wait to see your progress.
Welcome back to the 'ville and to crocheting again!!

Thank you Darski and babypoohsmom for the Welcome! Actually the afghan is relatively easy so far... once I finally figured out the instructions at the very beginning... I will keep ya'll posted... I have made 3 squares (rounds) so far...From what I understand you make like 10 of one kind and 10 of another etc and join them in different ways so at the end,,it really gives that spiraling effect.. We shall see and I may change my tune before I'm through with it.

Bailey4 I can't wait to see your scarf when you're done.. That's one thing I want to do this season is make a few.. Here in Alabama the weather isn't really cold enough for good hearty warm scarves but they are used more as "fashion" .. ;)  so maybe my daughter would like to have a couple for Christmas presents..

Well, wishing everyone Happy Crocheting!

Ohhh Darski!!   I :manyheart  that Retro Ornament throw!! I had seen it and wanted to but my DIL wanted this one....   I tried to click on the it can be done link but it wouldnt' open..... Looking forward to seeing your afghan!! And yes I finally found that video by Mickey right  before I was fixing to throw it across the room!! :rofl

That one has been calling me. I may try it after the first of the year for next Christmas.

That may be a good idea for me too.  My brain just isn't ready to search my stash for all those colours just  now :eek

Whew! Is it Wednesday night or did Monday start all over again? I was just overwhelmed  today because I had so much to do and then other things kept popping up and I would have to do that...ran in circles and accomplished nothing!

and on top of that my fibro was making my elbows and wrists and fingers ache and throb so I couldn't do a stitch..  :ohdear

That one has been calling me. I may try it after the first of the year for next Christmas.  Well it sounds like this is what we all need to do after Christmas!! I love it!! :heart   Anyway I  hope tomorrow is alot better....

Whew! Is it Wednesday night or did Monday start all over again? I was just overwhelmed  today because I had so much to do and then other things kept popping up and I would have to do that...ran in circles and accomplished nothing!

and on top of that my fibro was making my elbows and wrists and fingers ache and throb so I couldn't do a stitch..  :ohdear

I'm so sorry that you have this to deal with.  it is my understanding that Fibro tends to sneak up on you when you think you are sailing along.

Archived