Lacy handbag

Apak

Let me introduce my lacy handbag  :cheer Once I found out I don't have any cream coloured small handbag to match my dress… So I decided to make one. I crocheted the same squares as I used for my daughter's dress. I made the bag's base of felt so it won't stretch. 

The flower is the pin because I couldn't decide if I want the flower or not  :lol

post-30828-0-17531800-1441477233_thumb.jpg  post-30828-0-63822100-1441477252_thumb.jpg  post-30828-0-48070600-1441477270_thumb.jpg

You do such beautiful work!  There are several of your posts that have made me go "WOW!"  But, this one leaves me speechless on it's perfection!  Stunning and wow aren't strong enough words!  It looks like it would be big money at an upscale boutique.

Thank you everybody so much!  :manyheart In fact it's not so complicated… 

You do such beautiful work!  There are several of your posts that have made me go "WOW!"  But, this one leaves me speechless on it's perfection!  Stunning and wow aren't strong enough words!  It looks like it would be big money at an upscale boutique.

Thank you. I guess I should think about opening the boutique and then become millionaire very soon  :D

• 3 weeks later...

What a beautiful dressy purse. I agree that you could use different colored flowers to match different colored dresses!

• 4 weeks later...

You can do two separate looks on that bag, with or without the pin!

About making "big money" on the stuff you make-  know you won't be like that woman who was in the news making "over 300k on Etsy!" (remember that story lol) who had all her stuff "hand made" in China by a manufacturer she found on Alibaba, with pattern she "borrowed" from another Etsy seller

(irony- her famous "boot topper" I found at a Goodwill, new in package for a dollar and no one was buying it)

Or you can be like that lady who crochets all the baby clothes for Princess Charlotte and who does Duchess Kate's dresses. She had on a gorgeous ivory crocheted dress, the photo of it's online somewhere.

I think the "big money" is making handmade clothes bespoke for persons who request it. That way, you're only making what someone already wants and pays for.

OR- take your stuff to Fred Segal or one of the department store buyers, I know in the olden days you could just walk in with your portfolio of items and if they were good you could get an interview. I think these days you have to know someone to get an "in". If you are serious, I would look into it.

There are a lot of good crocheters, but not many who can make items of perfection like what you post here.

EDIT- here is a link to a designer shop that did one of Duchess Kate's dresses, many crocheted numbers here- could you do one like one of theirs?? :)

https://www.temperleylondon.com/shop/dresses.html

Another edit! lol- photo, crocheted top she wore in 07 http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/11/article-2013370-0CF4F47C00000578-535_310x703.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived