Sign in to follow this  
sopo

4 in 1 Boye Crochet Hook

Has anyone seen the new 4 in 1 hooks by Boye? Someone posted about it on facebook so I had to hunt it up. I'm always losing my hook when I take it traveling. This is like a Swiss army style hook thingy. lol I found one here on Amazon   I was hoping they would be like h i j k altogether but they aren't. they mix the sizes into 2 different ones. Anyway, I went to Walmart and was shocked to find them there for $7 something. We have a very small Walmart so couldn't believe it. I got the purple one to try. Just wondering if anyone else had tried them. 

post-44513-0-96315100-1438987580_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That's a neat idea. You will have to let us know if you like working with it.

It looks like a good idea!  It might be a whole new learning curve on the way we each hold our hook, though. (I'm getting old and have a hard time changing my ways.  :lol )   Can't wait to see what you think, Stephanie!

• Like 1

That's clever!  It would have been cooler if they had maybe a CDFG and HIJK version to pick from (or as a set).  I think if you are a die hard pencil hold person this won't work though...

Edited by Granny Square

That's clever!  It would have been cooler if they had maybe a CDFG and HIJK version to pick from (or as a set).  I think if you are a die hard pencil hold person this won't work though...

I agree with your size groupings. I'm a knife hold crocheter and it looks awfully fat for that position. The picture of the package I found shows it being used in the pencil hold, but it looks like it would take some getting used to.

Definitely interested in how you like it, Stephanie.

I bet the reason they grouped the sizes that way is so each of the four would fit into the same size handle.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

I was able to find one of the them at my Walmart but no luck on the other.  I have not had a chance to actual use it but it fits comfortably in my hand.  I haven't been able to crochet or be on line in quite awhile as I've been putting in 12/14 hour days at work and working weekends.  I haven't had time to do anything lately.  If anyone else gets them I'd be interested to see how they feel.

I just clicked on the Amazon link, actually I like the item that it suggest to buy along with it - a set of padded hooks with a fabric roll-up holder for $11.

I bought one of each size at Walmart. The problem that I have with these is that when I was working with 2 strands of WW yarn, it started to fold back on itself. It didn't close all the way but I can tell that with use, as the gadget loosens up, it will not work at all. I keep mine in my purse with a ball of cotton yarn to make dishcloths if I get stranded somewhere with a long wait.

Yes, I tried it too and even with one strand it kept folding back on me. Like you, I'll keep it in the car with a to-go bag to work on in a spot but not for normal everyday use. Sad. Such a great idea. The hold wasn't that big of a deal (I knife hold) but it folding back is a big deal. 

boksie and Stephanie ~ Thank you for letting us know how they worked out!  It sounds like they need some design changes. ;)

• Like 2