Snowmen & Penguin lights

Tampa Doll

I purchased the book from Annie's Attic called "A Crochet Christmas"  In the book was a pattern for Penguin Lights, made with the tea lights.

In Crochet World December 2014 there is a pattern for Snowmen Lights made with the tea lights.

Now both call for ww yarn and stuffing.  I used size 10 crochet thread and no stuffing.  I made them into pins.  Here they are lit and unlit.

I had fun making these and I got the tea lights in Amazon. 

They were fun to make and I think they are different.

post-105-0-00342800-1438883293_thumb.jpg Lights on Lights Off

Those are JUST adorable!  Oh my goodness!  I love the snowmen especially!  You did them with thready?  What size thread and hook did you use?

Thank you all.

They are size 10 thread and size 7 hook.  I love the snowman, but the penguin was fun to make.

They are so cute! It will look funny when someone would wera it as pin - they can even send messages (like: light on = YES  :lol whatever is the question)

Those are the CUTEST things - what an imaginative pattern!!

Adding a hanger and maybe a tie (or similar) at the back to keep the covers on, they would make cool tree ornaments too (if you remembered to turn them off to not kill the battery!)

:sman

I purchased the book from Annie's Attic called "A Crochet Christmas"  In the book was a pattern for Penguin Lights, made with the tea lights.

In Crochet World December 2014 there is a pattern for Snowmen Lights made with the tea lights.

Now both call for ww yarn and stuffing.  I used size 10 crochet thread and no stuffing.  I made them into pins.  Here they are lit and unlit.

I had fun making these and I got the tea lights in Amazon. 

They were fun to make and I think they are different.

attachicon.gifPenquin -Snowmwn Lights001 (2).JPG Lights on Lights Off

Again..those are very cute! :)

I have a two questions about those Tea Lights. Did you had to buy 24 of them?, that is what is showing for me on Amazon. I would like to buy them, but not 24 of them LOL.The other question is: How big is that bottom?, the diameter & hight without that ligth bulb. I have a new neigbours with two little kids, I thought I could make that for them:).

Thanks,

Krys

You can either buy the at the dollar store, or I know Michael's carry's them.

If I read that question right the tea light without the light is 1 1/2 inches across the bottom and about 1/2 inch up the side.  Is that what you wanted?

I made them so you can either use them as a pin, or hand them on the tree.

I try and make something different every year.

You can either buy the at the dollar store, or I know Michael's carry's them.

If I read that question right the tea light without the light is 1 1/2 inches across the bottom and about 1/2 inch up the side.  Is that what you wanted?

I made them so you can either use them as a pin, or hand them on the tree.

I try and make something different every year.

Thank you Mary Jo! :). Yes, those are the measurements I wanted.

That is a great idea about Christmas Tree:)

Krys

• 2 months later...

Thank you all.  I forgot to show you the book I got the snowmen lights from.  A Crochet Christmas.

I just came here to look at your snowman's again:). And clicked on that book-link, I seen that book before. I like those wine-bottles covers. They look so cute. If I have enough time I will make at least one of them. I love that red one with that belt.

Krys

Archived