USpolishgirl

Butterfly's

Here is a picture of 3 little butterfly's I crochet for my daughter. I think they are called "Fridgies". They are about 2 3/4" across with a magnet in back. I didn't used pipe cleaners for antenna's as suggested in this pattern. I just crocheted tight chain and attached a bead on the end. I thought that would look little better.

I think  "I went to town with that" ..LOL. I crocheted 15 of them. I just need to add antennas to rest of them. 

I never crocheted any "Fridgies" before I thought that was just a waist of time. I think I changed my mind... :).

They are made with sport weight Mercerized cotton.

Here is that link to that pattern:

Krys

post-73590-0-79186200-1438610197_thumb.jpg post-73590-0-59348200-1438607413_thumb.jpg
Edited by USpolishgirl
  • Like 2

Thank you very much!:)

My daughter wanted a very bright colors. She loves that very bright yellow and that bright dark blue. She got those colors in her kitchen table cloth. 

I was having a very hard time to find that bright yellow in worsted weight yarn for another project for her - Hot Pads. It is like a "Sunflower" yellow, I love that too. Rest of that color I used it up for a pair of potholders over a year ago. They use to have that yellow in Sugar and Cream but they don't anymore:(. I did finally found that shade of yellow in Bernat cotton yarn. I was very happy and bought a lot of that.

Krys

Those are very pretty.

They are great! I used to make "butterfly baskets" where I put the butterflies instead of flowers. I usually make butterflies with thread so they need starching.

Thanks a lot everyone for all those compliments! :).

Krys

They are great! I used to make "butterfly baskets" where I put the butterflies instead of flowers. I usually make butterflies with thread so they need starching.

Thanks! :)

I seen your work with thread, it is beautiful! :). I can't work with thread very well. I can only crochet small pieces. Now I bought a set of Clover hooks & OTT Light maybe that will make little easyer..??.

Krys

They're very cute and I love the colors.

Thanks! :)

I love your new Tote! :). Nice colors. Did you got that beautiful doll from Mary Jo?. That doll is beautiful also:).

Krys

Love your butterflies.  I have a similar pattern that I make occasionally.  The beads on the antenna is a really good idea!! 

Thank you! :)

Those butterfly's would probably look better with little longer antenna's. But since there is no wire I did not want them to get "floppy" LOL.

Krys

• Like 1