Help with short rows in pattern from The Bernat Baby Album #5130-187

YajairaCrochet

Question

7 answers to this question

welcome to the ville!

If this is the right one looks like this is a printed leaflet, so there is no free online pattern for us to look at.  

You can type out just the part that you are confused about.  The site guidelines are under Town Hall in the forums here, if you want to look at that to be sure of how much is OK to post.

Have you done short rows before?  it sounds complicated, but really it is just crocheting into some of the stitches in a row or round and leaving the rest unworked.  I can look for a photo tutorial on crocheted short rows if that would help you.  

Ok its says like this:

Slip stitch across 7 stitches, work to last 7 stitches, turn, sl st to 19 of pattern, work 19 stitches of pattern, turn slip stitch to end of row, turn, work all stitches in pattern as established. Work even on all 47 stitches until piece measures 8 1/2 inches at side edge.

If you like I can donate copy of the whole pattern.

"Slip stitch across 7 stitches, work to last 7 stitches, turn,"  

here you would slip stitch in the first 7 stitches of the previous row.  then you crochet as usual until you reach the last 7 stitches pf previous row, leave those last 7 stitches unworked, turn  to start the next row.

does that much make sense?  you may have to actually do it to understand it.  

Have you ever done any kind of short row before now?  

I don't know what you mean by donate. Please do read the site guidelines.  We cannot post whole patterns (unless the poster actually is the creator of the pattern) and we can't send whole patterns to each other by private message here.  

The few lines you did post are fine as far as I know.  

so if you have done short rows before, this shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

the next part: "sl st to 19 of pattern, work 19 stitches of pattern"

Do you have 19 stitches that are in a different stitch pattern?  If so it wants you to slip stitch to that part and then work those 19 stitches.  

then the last part: "turn slip stitch to end of row, turn, work all stitches in pattern as established."

That seems pretty self-explanatory, right?  

I will say that it seems pretty inefficient to me to slip stitch that many .  I would probably fasten off after the 19 stitches were done, and then just start back at the beginning of the row.  

Archived