Pants pattern?

Marissamcd

Question

I really want to make these pants but am a little confused. I understand the general idea but i dont understand what the written pattern is saying? Can anyone explain this better?

1. For the top side ( waist to hip) crochet in circle. When at hip, divide the circle in 2 and chain the required length in the middle of the circle linkinking to the oposite side .Work the leg length in circle multiplying to get the pallazzo effect every 10 rows, or every 5 rows depending on your desire.

Chart translation in written pattern:

1. Row 1: chain the required length

2. Row 2 : ch 3, 3 x dc with 1ch in between in the 3rd ch, skip 3ch, X stitch( 1 dc in the 3rd chain , ch3 1dc in the 3rd ch back ( repeat sequence until the end of the row) close with 1dc

3. Row3 : ch 3, X stitch (1dc in 2nd chain space from the 3dc section below, ch3, 1dc in the first chain space), 3dc with 1ch in between in the 3 ch space below( X stitch), repeat until the end of the row, close with 1dc.

This is where i got the pattern. They are the first pants shown.

http://crochetpatternstotry.blogspot.ro/2014/05/free-crochet-charts-for-spectacular.html

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the ville!

What you quoted seems pretty unclear to me, seems to be a sort of vague recipe only.

Is this a free online pattern on a blog or something? If so, could you link to it?

If its in a book, tell us the name of the pattern and book title.

I found the pattern but I"m not sure I can post it as it is from a Russian site by someone who explains patterns. These instructions are confusing to me too and I think you really need the cart to understand them. 

I agree, this is a very vague recipe, you will have to measure yourself and develop the pattern (to fit) on your own.

It is saying to make it like a tube from waist to crotch, then make a chain from one open side to the other to create leg openings.

I can tell you that this is an OK way to make a toy, but a terrible was to make comfortable pants (unless they are meant to really be loose, are the palazzo pants very skirt-like?

I suggest finding a different pattern for the part that needs to fit, and maybe incorporate the Russian stitch pattern in the legs.

edited to fix goofy spell checker override I didn't catch...

Archived