DesertCrocheter

Summer 2015 KISS: Dishtowels

93 posts in this topic

So glad you like it and it matches the kitchen.  You kitchen and mine must be close.

I love that pattern.  It was a free pattern from Ravelry.

Now I can sit, relax and wait to see the other pictures.

Patty, your towel is in the mail and I emailed you the tracking #   :D

OK, I'm not a part of the swap (didn't know if I could commit this time), but I just have to chime in here and say how much I like that dish towel, Mary Jo.  I looks perfect and I may have to try one for myself to see how I like it.  Only mine will have some green stripes on it.  Also, thanks for the link.

I love that towel, Mary Jo! I just bookmarked that pattern now on Ravelry. Thanks, Becky, I can't wait! I hope to mail yours tomorrow, but I have a busy morning and may not make it to the post office. Monday for sure!

1 person likes this

I have to tell you all, that I cut out the middle 22 rows.  It was way to big.

Wow that is pretty. It looks so professional, like something you would find in a nice kitchen and bath store except better because its really nice cotton!

My towel is here !!!    My partner - Richsgirl - sent me an awesome kitchen towel.  I just love it. 

Thank you, Richsgirl -- you are terrific.

post-14703-0-31418300-1436687412_thumb.jpg

6 people like this

I was pretty surprised to come on here this morning and see your post, seeing how the tracking said it wasn't due to arrive until monday. I am so glad you like it! I knew I wanted to try a topper in crocodile stitch. I was not thinking at all that it would make the towel look fruity. That was neat when I put it on, I was like whoa! Look at that!

I have never done crocodile stitching before and there are no instructions anywhere on how to decrease in that stitch so I had to come up with a technique. So it was fun and a good learning experience and I am glad you like it!

Edited by richsgirl
1 person likes this

I missed it to. But had so much going on here that i didnt keep up with it. Love the handtowels so far.

Great job, richsgirl!!! 

DesertCrocheter's is out for delivery :bounce

Love the crocodile stitched towel!! It really does remind me of a strawberry. Very pretty!

Tampadoll- yours is finally ready but I am not sure what day this week I can swing by a post office to drop it off. It is really eager to head down your way.

Yay!!! My towel arrived today!! It's lovely and in my two favorite colors. So thoughtful of you legalwoman!

The picture really doesn't do it justice.(It's really not wonky at all just a bit wavy from being packaged up)

I am sure it will serve me well for years to come as well as brighten up my kitchen!

post-5389-0-44718200-1436829841_thumb.jpg

4 people like this

That is so pretty richsgirl.  I love the colors.

Oh #1CrochetFan, I will be sitting here patiently :sofunny:hyper  waiting for my towel. Yeah right. :devil:rofl 

Richsgirl, I'm glad you like the towel.  Everyone, the colors are a dark yellow with pink stripes.  Richsgirl said these were her favorite colors. 

This has been a fun swap.  Loved it.

My towel arrived yesterday, and I love it! The colors match my kitchen perfectly, and it is a great size. And Becky has her own tag, which she sewed in the corner!! The bad news is my laptop is not playing nice (I mentioned in last month's swap that I'm still running Office on an 8-year-old laptop, and you can imagine how slow everything is) so I can't easily get photos in this thread. However, I could upload photos from my iPhone to my Ravelry account, and have done that. My apologies for the re-direct, but if you want to see this gorgeous towel, here it is. Dog-approved, as you can see in one photo, :lol .

Becky, I forgot to take photos of your towel! When it arrives, can you send me a nice one or two? I was so excited to mail it that my mind was not working.

Loving these towels so far!  Patty

1 person likes this

Love the colors on the towel and a nice job on the stitching/pattern.   I'm in agreement with Mary Jo about the tag.  That is a great idea especially on swaps.

2 people like this

Patty, so glad you like it!!! (I forgot to take pictures too, before I shipped yours, lol, yes, I will take some pics for you)

Oh just got word my towel is in the mail. :woo:hyper :hyper

Can you all hear me singing Anticipation by Carly Simon????  :cheer :clap :cheer :clap

2 people like this

Love the yellow/striped one and the blue-white-green one. They both are so pretty!!

Tampadoll- your towel made its way from Kearny, NJ at 2 am this morning so hopefully the truck will hit no snags along the way.

1 person likes this

Ok it has left NJ.  Funny how the PO works. Yours went from Palm Harbor to Tampa to Ct.  Yet mine has to go thru NJ.  Go figure.

Hope everyone is doing ok with the heat, humidity and rain. 

Tomorrow I will be stalking the mailman. :D

1 person likes this

I received my towel today!!! Tracking said it wouldn't be here till tomorrow so it was a very nice surprise.  Thank you Patty!!! I love my towel, great button on it too.

I goes really well with my counter (which looks better in person than in the pic) Thank you again :D

post-28494-0-81239200-1436997755_thumb.jpgpost-28494-0-66606600-1436997768_thumb.jpgpost-28494-0-85608500-1436997780_thumb.jpg

2 people like this