DesertCrocheter

Summer 2015 KISS: Dishtowels

Got my two patterns out and got my yarn out.  As soon as I finish the witch's broom, I will be making and deciding which one to send.

Oh this is fun, cause I may change my mind after and make a different one.

For you old guys here (which I am one) ONLY THE SHADOW KNOWS. :goodorbad:rofl

Damn I am back up to 3 patterns.

Edited by Tampa Doll

Hello legalwoman! I am designing my own towel pattern for this swap. I am a bit nervous, I hope it turns out good! :)

Got a question.  How big is a dish towel? 

I have a pattern I am making that is 19 x 18.  They are calling it a tea towel.  I am calling it a bath towel.  It is wide enough.

I have already cut out 22 rows. :think

Hi everyone. I hope everyone had a nice 4th.

Idk- Tampadoll- I don't think there are standard measurements so whatever size you want to make is just fine.

Hmmm.... I wonder if you are making the same one as me-lol.

I finished and measured it against one I have and it is a little bigger (10) rows, but it is OK.  Thanks for the info.

Hope everyone enjoyed their day of fun and sun yesterday.  

Off to sew in lose ends.  I may be done, but I refuse to be the first on out :devil

#1corchet I think you will like it.  I had to wrestle it away from Tampa Guy.

I made my starting chain by holding up to another kitchen towel. I am about 1/3 in and I am extremely happy with how it is turning out so far. 

@ Mary Jo- Lol you are so funny.

TAMPA, i measured two of my kitchen towels. They are very different brands from different stores - one a cheapie and one quality.

Both are 14x22

Thanks ratdog.  It is now sitting waiting to be put in a package, but I refuse to be the first to send mine out.  So even though it is killing me, I will wait. :D

I am done! I spent the 4th making this, while watching an old movie, and all I need is a mailer to send it off to beckyb. I think it came out well; I just hope she likes the color. I really liked the stitch pattern and may modify the pattern to make a towel utilizing the same stitched for myself.

• Like 1

Hi everyone!! I can't wait to see what you came up with, Tampadoll,

Richsgirl- I am 1/3 done like you but it has been a hard project to focus on so hopefully I will get more done tonight.

Desertcrocheter- it is always fun using an interesting stitch pattern. I bet it looks great.

Woohoo!! Can't wait to see it!I have 1-2 days left and mine should be ready to go. It's taking longer because everything I'm doing I've never done before. It sounds like everyone has really outdone themselves. I can't wait to see them all.

I'm about a third of the way on mine too, loving it, hope you do to DesertCrocheter!!! 

Darn, I am the first again. :bang:rant I tried, I really tried.

#1CrochetFan, your towel is in the mailbox waiting for pickup. :woo   Now I can worry about the delivery and the likability factor.

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 1

Legalwoman your package is going out today! I hope you get it Saturday but more likely than not it will be Monday.

Good Morning everyone.  Another hot and humid here is Florida.

Looks like everyone is moving right along.  #1CrochetFan, your towel left Tampa At 2 this morning, so it is winging it's way to you.

Can't wait to see all the towels being made, and all the patterns being used.

• Like 1

Good morning Tampadoll and everyone!

It looks like my dishtowel is already at my post office- hooray!! I will be obsessed with getting my mail today so it would be nice if my mail woman comes early today!:)

I'm sooo sorry that we sent the humidity down your way, Tampadoll. We finally got the rain here so now the humidity dropped and it's more tolerable.

Yayyyy!!!! I received my dish towel from Tampadoll and absolutely love it!!

Thanks Tampadoll for the pretty dishtowel. It matches my kitchen perfectly.

post-3193-0-94367300-1436550545_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

What a great dishtowel!!!  I love that pattern!

DesertCrocheter your towel is finished and taking it to the Post Office shortly!!!

Edited by beckyb