Same afghan pattern?

Beaglelady

it's not just you!  lol

and if you're interested there are several free patterns for it

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/vintage-fan-ripple-stitch-pattern

http://www.bhookedcrochet.com/2014/03/22/vintage-fan-ripple-video-tutorial/

lots of other examples if you google vintage or retro ripple

Looks the same to me also. I have noticed that patterns shown on different websites by different people are same patterns but with different names also. Not sure who really did the original but they are the same.

Anyway, it's just not you. LOL.

Roe

Well, the Mary Maxim one seems to have added a side border, but otherwise "it's just a stitch pattern".  Look at how many Granny Square or Ripple patterns are out there, all the same or just very slight variations on a theme.  It is pretty though!

• 2 weeks later...

They are the same stitch to me also, but, different color schemes and the borders may not be the same. Mary Maxim is offering the pattern as exclusive and probably the color scheme but not the main stitch itself.

Oh yes! I've seen LB take their own patterns, change the color of an item and name of the pattern, and put it back out as if it is new!

Well, really--how many stitches can there be out there??!!  :think  It stands to reason that, after 150 to 200 years, we'd run out of ways to twist that yarn to do what we want with it! I've seen quite a few "repeats" of stitch patterns--sometimes just the color combinations make them look entirely different!  :yes 

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah and they will also change the colors and republish.  As many have said if you see it with a different border/color combo etc. you can get people to buy a new pattern/kit and it brings in the money for them.

I think LB publishes repeats of the same pattern (stitch wise) for all of their yarns of the same weight, so the pattern pic is different because it's showing x different yarns.  I suspect this is so the pattern will show up in the pattern finder if one sorts by a specific yarn.

What really bugs me is that LB sometimes re-engineer a knit pattern in crochet (or vice versa maybe) but show the knitted pic for the crocheted pattern.

Archived