Apple Coasters - Teachers Gift's

USpolishgirl

Time again for Teachers Gift's... I made those coasters for my granddaughter. I made them oversized so those leafs & lady bug wouldn't be a problem. I forgot to get the exact measurement before I mailed them. That green one is little smaller, I was running out of that yarn. I was not planning to make that one anyway, I just wanted to finish that ball of yarn. They can keep that one for them self's LOL.

They are not washable. Spot clean only. They been pretreated with 3 coats of Scotch Guard Fabric Protector. I did stiffen them a little from the left side only. I used that stiffener from a bottle with a brush. After that I cut out a circles from red felt and glue them on to the bottom of each coaster. They did felt good to the touch, not "floppy" and thick enough to protect a table & other furniture finish.  

I used Sugar & Cream cotton yarn. Sorry, I don't have a pattern for that.

My camera is bad for close-ups, I can't take close ups it gets "blurry". I will get a better camera soon. I already picked out my new camera. I am just "dragging my feet" with that purchase. Because I do know I will have a problem with following those instructions LOL. That camera doesn't look very simple to me.

Krys

PS: My daughter "swears" on that  Scotch Guard Fabric Protector. She is using that very often and she says it works great! :)

post-73590-0-94590700-1433002242_thumb.jpg post-73590-0-54797000-1433002272_thumb.jpg

That green is brighter than it shows here.

post-73590-0-04631400-1433002299_thumb.jpg

I just got a phone call from my daughter, they just got that package today. They like those coasters. Thank God:). Those young girls are very "picky".

Now I just need to finish that "Graduation Owl". It is almost ready.

Krys

Time again for Teachers Gift's... I made those coasters for my granddaughter. I made them oversized so those leafs & lady bug wouldn't be a problem. I forgot to get the exact measurement before I mailed them. That green one is little smaller, I was running out of that yarn. I was not planning to make that one anyway, I just wanted to finish that ball of yarn. They can keep that one for them self's LOL.

They are not washable. Spot clean only. They been pretreated with 3 coats of Scotch Guard Fabric Protector. I did stiffen them a little from the left side only. I used that stiffener from a bottle with a brush. After that I cut out a circles from red felt and glue them on to the bottom of each coaster. They did felt good to the touch, not "floppy" and thick enough to protect a table & other furniture finish.  

My camera is bad for close-ups, I can't take close ups it gets "blurry". I will get a better camera soon. I already picked out my new camera. I am just "dragging my legs" with that purchase. Because I do know I will have a problem with following those instructions LOL. That camera doesn't look very simple to me.

Krys
PS: My daughter "swears" on that  Scotch Guard Fabric Protector. She is using that very often and she says it works great! :)

This one got green middle.
That green is brighter than it shows here.

Your apple coasters look great.  I am a big fan of Scotch Guard. 

Archived