Tammy Hildebrands: Chapter 2 - Motifs

redrosesdz

As I said in a previous post, http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/154407-tammy-hildebrands-wraps-every-which-way/, I'm working my way through Tammy Hildebrand's wrap book.  Chapter 2 is about motifs.  Here are my pics....

post-57407-0-01008500-1432915506_thumb.jpg post-57407-0-53022400-1432915535_thumb.jpg

It's hard to see, but the main color is a twist of the other 4 colors.

post-57407-0-48435100-1432915560_thumb.jpg

post-57407-0-42422200-1432915582_thumb.jpg post-57407-0-27776000-1432915618_thumb.jpg 

The yarn has sparkles throughout.

I'm already blocking the first wrap in Chapter 3, hairpin lace.  This is so much fun learning new techniques!  By the way, underneath is my new blocking board and I'm loving it.  :)

Very pretty.  I really love the look of the last one.

Mary Jo, I'm really glad you said that, because the pattern calls for a dc edge around the whole thing.  I tried to make the edge multiple ways, but didn't like any of them as well as the jagged star edges.  The edging hides the points.  Do you think it would look better with a smooth edge?  I trust your judgement.  :)

All of them are beautiful:)

RedRoses where did you both that blocking board?. I think I could use one. Right now I can only block small items. I been using my ironing board LOL. Yes, I did destroyed that from using all those pins:(.

Krys

All of them are beautiful:)

RedRoses where did you both that blocking board?. I think I could use one. Right now I can only block small items. I been using my ironing board LOL. Yes, I did destroyed that from using all those pins:(.

Krys

HI Krys,

I've destroyed a couple of blocking boards.  LOL  I started looking at Crochet Dude's board, which is expensive and has a lot of complaints about the chemical smell permeating yarn.  The one thing that Crochet Dude's boards have is that they are interlocking.  I looked at interlocking play mats, but a lot of them bleed their color when wet.  So, I went down to my local Home Depot and picked up some of those foam interlocking floors, used to relieve stress while standing.  The good thing about them is that they are water resistant.  The bad thing is that the interlocking doesn't hold together very well, so I taped up where they interlock and viola! I got a 4'x4' blocking board.  :)

Archived