keeping up with the warm winter wear for my donation in Oct.

katyallen815

Here's some pics of what I have been working on/finishing up this past week, well since mothers day I guess. Some of the scarves are from specialty yarns, there is bernat denim, homespun, boucile, fancy fur, and Italica by Lion brand, RHSS, Impeccable, and other brands, I had a lot of fun with the homespun, and the denim, and well all of them, I will add these too, to the donation box for the shelter in Oct. Enjoy please. thanks for looking.

that is a black hat in the front, excuse the bad pic, thanks.The last pic,shows them all folded up and ready to ship out, lol

post-40621-0-64640000-1432399165_thumb.jpg       post-40621-0-70928000-1432399194_thumb.jpg

post-40621-0-55774000-1432399223_thumb.jpg             post-40621-0-46495400-1432399249_thumb.jpg

well thanks all, for the nice words. Sandra, unless another cause presents itself to me, I usually do the hats and scarves for the Open Door Mission here locally. There is a truck that comes every first sat of every month, in a close by mall parking lot,  so I just pack them up, and deliver them to the truck, and they are always so nice and so pleased to get them. They go in their "store" for the homeless, and those in need, and there is never a price on them, they are free for the taking.  and I like that part.. Sometimes, when and if I have to go somewhere downtown, which i abhore downtown Omaha, anyway, the couple times I do find myself downtown, I have seen people on the street, wearing some of my donations, and once, they did a lay out in the local newspaper, took a pic off all the hats and scarves donated for the winter months, and I could spot in the large pile, quite a few of mine!! that was cool...

What a Blessing you are. They are all fabulous and I'm sure greatly appreciated.

well thank you reni, I think in general, all of us crocheters, and knitters too, are a very generous kind of folks!! we are so lucky to be able to help even in this small way, it warms my heart, and their necks and heads, lol

well thanks all, for the nice words. Sandra, unless another cause presents itself to me, I usually do the hats and scarves for the Open Door Mission here locally. There is a truck that comes every first sat of every month, in a close by mall parking lot,  so I just pack them up, and deliver them to the truck, and they are always so nice and so pleased to get them. They go in their "store" for the homeless, and those in need, and there is never a price on them, they are free for the taking.  and I like that part.. Sometimes, when and if I have to go somewhere downtown, which i abhore downtown Omaha, anyway, the couple times I do find myself downtown, I have seen people on the street, wearing some of my donations, and once, they did a lay out in the local newspaper, took a pic off all the hats and scarves donated for the winter months, and I could spot in the large pile, quite a few of mine!! that was cool...

That is so neat that you saw people wearing some of your donations.  Boy its hard to believe that Oct is just 5 months away.  Looks like you will have lots ready by then.  

Here's some pics of what I have been working on/finishing up this past week, well since mothers day I guess. Some of the scarves are from specialty yarns, there is bernat denim, homespun, boucile, fancy fur, and Italica by Lion brand, RHSS, Impeccable, and other brands, I had a lot of fun with the homespun, and the denim, and well all of them, I will add these too, to the donation box for the shelter in Oct. Enjoy please. thanks for looking.

that is a black hat in the front, excuse the bad pic, thanks.The last pic,shows them all folded up and ready to ship out, lol

attachicon.gif015 (2).JPG       attachicon.gif016 (2).JPG

attachicon.gif020.JPG             attachicon.gif018 (2).JPG

attachicon.gif020.JPG            attachicon.gif022.JPG

Scarf queen!  What a generous donation.

Archived