darski

An Art Piece

I was reading a blog about the new trend in crochet: the Large square (such as the Sophie's versions)  I had started putting this square together before I read that but I realized that I was moving in that direction.  There are too many large gaps in this square for it to work even as a lapghan but I just wanted to try a bunch of stitches from some new books I have on my Kindle.

I'm sure most of you will recognize Krochet Krystal's charity daisy square in the middle.  it was left over from another lapghan and I just couldn't throw it away. :rofl

The popping flowers row was such fun to make even if I did go a bit overboard with the numbers.  I also loved how easy it is to work a border row around the flowers.

My Butterfly rows didn't quite do what I wanted.  I hoped working the last row in red to make the body sections and to add a trim colour to the top of the wings would be a standout feature - oh well... oft gang agley etc.

post-4896-0-41659600-1431609710_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-92685100-1431609711_thumb.jpg

post-4896-0-79406800-1431609713_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-20908700-1431609715_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

It's beautiful!  I love how your butterfly rows turned out.  I think the pop of red in them is brilliant.  :)

It's beautiful!  I love how your butterfly rows turned out.  I think the pop of red in them is brilliant.  :)

thank you. :hug

• Like 1

That is so stunning.  I love how you placed the black, white and red.

• Like 1

nice block, are you going to frame it???

I really don't know what I am going to do with it.  :think

It would look great on a wall!  There are quilt hangers that have blocks that would hold it up.  Or you could attach a couple of fabric or crocheted wide loops to slide on a bar.

What size is it?

• Like 1

It is about 37.5" square.  I have been thinking that I could use a dowel to hang it on a wall.  Hooks are easy to come by :wlol

• Like 2

Very pretty.

• Like 1

You have a great eye for color and stitch placements.  If you ever write this up, I might try it.  

• Like 1

you are all very kind.  :ty