These are slippers that I made for my mom's best friend's son. The slippers are mens size 10. They are a gift for his 40th birthday. He served in the armed forces in the desert, but I'm not sure which one.

These were quite the challenge to make. It took about 50 hours to complete these. The pattern was not the best, especially for a fairly expensive paid pattern. I think having it tested before being  released would have really helped with all of the bugs it had. I don't want to completely diss the pattern because the concept is actually amazing. It just needed a bunch of extra eyes before being released.

I had to rewrite a bunch of the instructions to get them to come out right. I would not recommend these at all for a beginner. You need to be able to work from the photos a lot and just be able to improvise quite a bit.

My son now wants some, but I told him NO WAY! :) These are one of a kind. The sewing alone of all the little pieces about killed me. I can hand sew quite well actually but LOATHE doing it. post-74676-0-36560800-1431299573_thumb.jpgpost-74676-0-56900100-1431299578_thumb.jpgpost-74676-0-74286700-1431299582_thumb.jpgpost-74676-0-11700300-1431299588_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Those are really cool looking!  You did a fantastic job on them!

I don't like the sewing part, either, so I can appreciate all of the hard work you did.  :)

It's pretty strange someone would make a pattern like that and not have it tested. Wow! That person should know better. You made the slippers look great!

Those slippers are amazing!:). I love them. You done excellent work!.

Looking at them...I don't blame you for not wanting to repeat all that work:(.

Krys

PS: That lucky guy should put them on a shelf and keep them as a conversation piece!:).

These are AWESEOME... oh my goodness! My son is into tanks! He loves loves loves them and collects tank things! Oh wow! You did a fabulous job and what hours you put into them! kudos :yay  :clap  :manyheart