RecycleCindy

Patriotic Potholder and Dishcloth Set

Here are my patriotic potholder and dishcloth set. I used the flag dishcloth pattern to crochet both of these. I crocheted around a 1 inch recycled bottle ring using single crochet stitches around the ring in the corner for the hanging loop.

post-10977-0-40611100-1430705099_thumb.jpgpost-10977-0-94065800-1430705754_thumb.jpg

Love the idea of using the bottle ring to hang them.

Good job

Wow they are so cool.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I just loved making these colorful items.

They're lovely Cindy.  Using the bottle cap ring for the hanging loop is a good idea.  Did you double them up for the potholder?  If you did, I guess you had to put the blue field on the other side.  I think I might give this a try.

They're lovely Cindy.  Using the bottle cap ring for the hanging loop is a good idea.  Did you double them up for the potholder?  If you did, I guess you had to put the blue field on the other side.  I think I might give this a try.

Thank you!  I didn't actually do this one double for the potholder. But you could just do a plain blue panel for the back and then join with the SC around the edge for a double thick potholder. I've done that before but just not on this flag one shown.