A Twist on Market Tote: Question, WIP and Brainstorming

MollyMarmalade

Hi everyone, 

I have a couple things I'd like to mention!

To Line or Not To Line

I'm wondering how common it is to line the market tote? I've seen some people who believe in the importance of lining all crochet bags. On the other hand, others would think that the lining will wear and tear faster than the market tote bag itself. 

What are your thoughts? 

Brainstorming Blog on Design Your Own Market Bag Variations

I have been blogging about simple ideas that can turn a plain market tote into something fun. For those who are interested - mostly young at heart or would like to make quirky bags for young ones, I made a blog on the possibilities on designing. 

post-74560-0-71612000-1430508621_thumb.jpg

Water Droplet Bag: WIP

I began to work on some of those brainstorming ideas and this is my simplest WIP: Water droplet Market Tote (on top right hand corner). What are your thoughts?

My thought on linings is---i'd really rather not! I don't like sewing. To me a market bag is for big items, like pieces of fruit, so it's ok for the bag to be holey. Also i think a lining could hold more dirt and grime.

The water drop is cute. Also the other faces, the fruits/veggies, are cute too.

I love the water drop.

Thank you ratdog!!!

My thought on linings is---i'd really rather not! I don't like sewing. To me a market bag is for big items, like pieces of fruit, so it's ok for the bag to be holey. Also i think a lining could hold more dirt and grime.

The water drop is cute. Also the other faces, the fruits/veggies, are cute too.

Thank you magiccrochetfan! I was thinking about something similar for this particular kind of bag. The only comment is that someone mentioned having difficulty finding keys and change when they use this bag. I think I will make a lined pouch with tighter stitches to complement this design. 

Thanks once again for your kind words and valuable insight!

In my mind, a market bag is to carry things that you buy at the market, not to replace your wallet/purse.  

I guess a lined pouch is a good compromise.  

That is thru, nothing can replace everything. Even store carts have holes and  small stuff is falling out of there. I am always looking for a plastic bag there (they usually are in a fruit department)  so I can put those very small items in it. So I will still  have them by the time I get to a cash register.

Krys

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

To Line or Not To Line

I'm wondering how common it is to line the market tote? I've seen some people who believe in the importance of lining all crochet bags. On the other hand, others would think that the lining will wear and tear faster than the market tote bag itself. 

What are your thoughts? 

I have been blogging about simple ideas that can turn a plain market tote into something fun. For those who are interested - mostly young at heart or would like to make quirky bags for young ones, I made a blog on the possibilities on designing. 

attachicon.gifMarketBag1.jpg

I began to work on some of those brainstorming ideas and this is my simplest WIP: Water droplet Market Tote (on top right hand corner). What are your thoughts?

Your water droplet bag is cute.  I think girls of all ages would like this one!

Hi everyone, 

To Line or Not To Line

What are your thoughts? 

attachicon.gifMarketBag1.jpg

I grew up in the 60's.  How about a love bag?

Archived