Get Squared (tm) by Jenny King CAL

Amy

Does the prospect of making a garment for yourself scare you a little bit?

Have you tried making garments in the past, but thrown them away in frustration because you couldn't get the fit right or figure out the complicated instructions?

GetSquaredClassPhoto.jpg

The new Get Squared program from Jenny King Designs takes away all the pain and fear when making a garment. No matter what yarn you pick, you will end up with a garment that will flatter your figure and will fit you PERFECTLY! And you won't even have to read a pattern to do it! Come join our Crochet-Along and you'll end up with at least one garment that is just perfect for you. Although I have a feeling that once you make the first one, you'll want to make at least one of each style. :)

Get-Squared-Cosy-in-Charcoal.jpg

I just helped Jenny teach this class in a yarn store up in Tennessee. The response from the students was amazing. One student said if she'd known the class was based on the granny square stitch, she'd never have taken it, and she'd have totally missed out on something really amazing. She bought enough yarn for six different projects right there in the yarn store! Another student said she'd tried twice to make garments in the past, and threw each project in the trash because  she was so frustrated with them. She made enough progress in class to know that her project was going to fit and have a pretty good idea just how stunning it was going to look on her. She also had all the knowledge she needed to finish the garment at home. I'm just waiting for her to share photos of her finished project with me!

Get-Squared-Gossamer.jpg

Have I convinced you that you want to be part of our Crochet-Along? Here's what you need to do to take part.

STEP ONE: Buy the Get Squared ™ downloadable video program, using code crochetv from this link: http://www.jennykingdesigns.com/watch-get-squared-online (You don't really have to use the code, as it won't get you a discount, but it will give Crochetville a small commission to help us out as we're partnering with Jenny to promote this program.)

STEP TWO: Watch the videos

STEP THREE: Pick a project to make and the yarn you want to use, then come post in this thread to tell us what you're going to make.

STEP FOUR: Talk it up here in this thread and make friends with everyone else! After you receive your yarn, post photos of it: tell us what it is, which color, and which garment you're making. Feel free to discuss your progress, but please don't divulge too many details about how you're actually doing it. (Got to respect those pesky copyright laws, you know!)
Talk about how you're going to plan out  an entire crochet wardrobe using this system.

STEP FIVE: If you're on Facebook, we also have a Crochet-Along taking place over there. Come join our Crochet-Along Facebook Event.

That's it. I'll even let you in on a little secret. This is just the FIRST step of this revolutionary new system. Jenny has already planned out other designs/silhouettes, how you can use other stitch patterns, and how you can add on your choice of trims to make really stunning one-of-a-kind original creations!

Come on, you know you want to join us!

Get-Squared-Midnight.jpg

Purchase the Get Squared ™ downloadable videos:

Use code crochetv

http://www.jennykingdesigns.com/watch-get-squared-online

I've just added the official pictures of the garments from Jenny's videos to the first post.

You don't have to be limited to just those 5 designs, though. I took the basic Cosy in Charcoal pullover sweater design, added some decreases for waist shaping then some increases for hip shaping, and continued on straight, to make what I think is a simply gorgeous dress. I used barely over 3 balls of Red Heart Unforgettable in color Polo.

Cosy-Dress-Unforgettable.jpg

Get-Squared-Dress-Unforgettable.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The hip shaping at the wait is from my own imagination. :)

I just added increases on both sides, straight down from the underarm join. You use the same increase as you make on the bodice (a corner). You just try on as you go, and figure out when you need to add another increase.

Here are some of Jenny's samples. All the photos were taken in her booth at TNNA (The National Needlearts Association industry trade show).

IMG_4419.JPG

Lotus (Trendsetter) Yarns Autumn Wind in color Aran

IMG_4416.JPG

No yarn info

IMG_4415.JPG

No yarn info

IMG_4414.JPG

Koigu KPPM

IMG_4407.JPG

Freya lace weight

IMG_4406.JPG

No yarn info

IMG_4404.JPG

Alchemy Silken Straw (4 colors)

IMG_4400.JPG

Noro Taiyo

IMG_4402.JPG

Dan Doh fine cotton

IMG_4399.JPG

Artisanal Yarns Silky B Cashmere

IMG_4398.JPG

Noro Silk Garden Sock

IMG_4397.JPG

Noro Taiyo Sock

IMG_4395.JPG

Fingering weight bamboo

IMG_4394.JPG

Noro Taiyo Sock

IMG_4391.JPG

3 random DK weight yarns

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, everyone!

I purchased the class videos. I noticed the pink top Jenny is wearing. I want one of those in the worst way but can't figure out which pattern she used to make it. I notice, also, that the bottom picture above (the one made of Debbie Bliss Fine Donegal) appears to be the same garment. Could anybody point me to the pattern for this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, everyone!

I purchased the class videos. I noticed the pink top Jenny is wearing. I want one of those in the worst way but can't figure out which pattern she used to make it. I notice, also, that the bottom picture above (the one made of Debbie Bliss Fine Donegal) appears to be the same garment. Could anybody point me to the pattern for this?

Thanks in advance.

I think you are probably referencing the Mexican Pink pattern shortcut that Jenny has released: http://www.jennykingdesigns.com/product/get-squared-pattern-shortcut-mexican-pink/

The pattern shortcut for the Debbie Bliss Fine Donegal has not been released yet.

Archived