Ernie Eyeglasses Holder - Amigurumi

USpolishgirl

I think that would be a great gift for Mothers or Fathers Day:).

I made him couple years ago for my daughter to keep that at work. She was always misplacing her eyeglasses. Ernie solved that problem:). Everyone at her work just loved him. They were even trying him to see how he would look like in their eyeglasses LOL.
That pattern is free:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=180192.0

Here is my advice for those who would like to crochet that. You should put a substantial weight at the bottom. Without that the person who will be using that will have a little problem each time he or she would try just to put their eyeglasses quickly on that head. Because it will wobble or even roll to the side. And no one needs that kind of "aggravations" or have to use both hands to do that each time LOL.
What I did: I took a plastic cover from a peanut butter jar, piece of fabric filled up with nuts & bolts (metal), tied that securily up at the top, trimmed any extra fabrick at the top and Hot glue that to that plastick cover, than Hot glue that whole thing to the bottom of that head (inside, before stuffing). That not only provided a weight but a very flat bottom that helps to keep him in place! LOL.

Plastic top was about 3,25" in diameter.

Krys
PS: With all my amigurumi I run out long time ago of all those metal bolts & nuts. Latetly I have been using those round glass "rocks" , I do not really know what they are called. They are sold in a mash bags in crafts stores next to regular little rocks. They are much cheaper at the Dollar Stores. They are very havy they do the job!. Not a lot is needed:).
NO, I do not put weights in all my amigurumi. Most of them do not need them:).

post-73590-0-38999400-1430277546_thumb.jpg

Ernie at work:)
post-73590-0-59731900-1430277598_thumb.jpg

ok ok,how cute is that, now I want one, or two, lol !!

My daughter wants another one for home. BUT at home there is a big DANGER waiting for my amigurumi. They are just not safe there!! LOL. Pandy their cat she loves everything made out of yarn and she will take it!. It takes only a day or two for her to destroy amigurumi. She starts liking that to death and is pulling fuzz out of that yarn & puling yarn out! :(. After about a week or so..no one would be able to tell WHAT that was??. Yes it is very bad, Pandy goes EVERYWHERE!. She even jumped from a tall chest on a ceiling fan. Yes she fell down on the floor with a part of that fan LOL. She was OK, but the fan needed to be replaced. There is no safe place in that house that she will not go & get what she wants:).

I just don't understand that. I use to have a cats before but they were never doing anything like Pandy dos!.

That is why my daughter still did not got her second eyeglass holder. I told her I am NOT putting that much work so Pandy can destroy that.

Krys

PS: Yes I did crocheted many toys for Pandy. She just loves them to death and dos same thing to all of them. But those are her toys so that is fine with me:). BUT, she should stay away from my other stuff that I give to my daughter & granddaughters! LOL. She dos not want to do that.

What a clever idea!  I love his 'hair'.

Granny Square I love his hair too:). That is how his hair is in reality. Well... almost LOL

For all of you who do not know anything about Ernie. Ernie is a moppet from Sesame Street. That is  educational TV show for little kids. It is been on TV for many years, my kids use to watch that.

I just Google to get some pictures of him and came out with a video. If anyone wants to see him singing here he is:)

Sesame Street: Ernie Sings "I Love My Room".

Thanks again to all of you:)
Krys

Archived