Mid project I realize the yarn is discontinued and need more :(

Shanel

Ok so I am making a beautiful pineapple "robe" (purchased the pattern on ravelry) It's a long pineapple sweater and I plan to shorten it.  I needed 17+ skeins of the yarn and had only 6, I used them up and proceeded to order more.  It turns out the yarn is replaced by a new one which is nothing like the old one.  

I am using Andes Alpaca yarn bee wild rose 15/85 alpaca acrylic blend. They only make 30/70 now, and the color is more bubblegum than blush pink.  

Nobody has it listed as for sale on ravelry but it is in many stashes.  Is it customary to ask somebody to sell me their yarn or am i SOL and need to start over with the new replacement product? Help!!  

welcome to the ville!

Hopefully someone here may have some of the yarn you want and be willing to sell it to you.  

Otherwise, Ravelry has some destash/in search of boards and you could post there.  Your question about stash inquiries would be best asked on Ravelry itself I think, but I can tell you it's not customary to ask about buying stashes that are listed as not for sale.  

i wonder if anyone on ebay has some of the yarn?  Or i know some people resell yarn on etsy.  

I see 23 skeins listed in that color, but they're all marked not for sale :no

If the new yarn were a lighter color, you could overdye it. It might work anyway, but with the change in the bend it might not pick up the dye the same way overall. I've been there and done that, so if I can't help, may I at least share your "AAAAAUGH!"?

Thanks for the advice - I have to apologize and explain myself, I had a profile on here years ago and could not log into it because the email associated with it is hacked. I miss this forum and I am happy to be back.

• 1 month later...

Have you tried facebook I belong to a group called yarn, sell and trade community.  I think there are other too.  I will call this craft store we have, that is close.  This women carries all kinds of yarn and the store is packed. She has almost  anything you might want for crafts and yarn.  Wish i could help you otherwise.

Archived