Some of my sewing thread doilies

As I wanted to show my Gütermann sewing thread to a member of Threadies, I thought you also might like to see what I have done in the last two weeks. I don't know how much thread I have used for these four doilies, but there is still something left from 400 m 438 yds/vgs on my spool. Here is the picture of all four and also every single one:

post-71583-0-01861600-1429613340_thumb.jpg

post-71583-0-80853200-1429613407_thumb.jpgpost-71583-0-73569300-1429613487_thumb.jpg

post-71583-0-10367100-1429613568_thumb.jpgpost-71583-0-22950200-1429613706_thumb.jpg

Veronika, the doilies are quite lovely.  How long does it take to crochet just one of those beauties?  The thread seems to be about the same at say size 70 or 80 tatting thread.  Goodness I don't think I could even "see" the stitches.   You are very skilled and I so appreciate seeing your work.  How long have you been crocheting?   Do you crochet lace for edgings, too?  I started with thread in my teens and have crocheted for over 50 years now and still doilies are one of my favorite items to make.  What do you do with all these elegant creations?  Do you sell your work?

Barbara 

Veronika, the doilies are quite lovely.  How long does it take to crochet just one of those beauties?  The thread seems to be about the same at say size 70 or 80 tatting thread.  Goodness I don't think I could even "see" the stitches.   You are very skilled and I so appreciate seeing your work.  How long have you been crocheting?   Do you crochet lace for edgings, too?  I started with thread in my teens and have crocheted for over 50 years now and still doilies are one of my favorite items to make.  What do you do with all these elegant creations?  Do you sell your work?

Barbara 

Barbara, I usually start in the afternoon/evening and finish it the next day. The thread I use is 100% cotton sewing thread (size 150). I have been crocheting for more than 40 years. It is one of my hobbies and since I retired in 2012 I crochet a lot (doilies, runners, table centers and also flowers). I would like to show some of my most beautiful doilies in an exhibition. I do not intend to sell any of my doilies. Greetings from Vienna, Veronika

What a marvelous idea, an art exhibit of "Exquisite Doilies".  Now that's a show I would pay good money to view.  I surely wish you all the best in that endeavor, Veronika.  Oh my gosh.....size 150 thread.....that's what I call "thin". 

Barbara from Indiana, USA

Archived