DesertCrocheter

Spring 2015 KISS: Dishcloths

Wow you gals are fast.  I am working on one, but I do not really like it, so I may stop and do another instead.

I hope the new pattern I'm going to make doesn't give me problems....if it does,  there's always another one to try!

Wow! That certainly is quick but don't worry Charis, I won't be done for a while. I started with an ambitious one that uses a technique that I have never tried. It is a bit time consuming. The next try will be a simple one.

I'm sure, Judianne- yours will turn out nicely!

• Like 1

Congratulations, Bailey4, winner of the Fastest Hook in the West un-contest!  LOL Tampa Doll, wasn't it you who was done that very first day last year? You guys are way faster than I would be.

#1CrochetFan, we've never had anyone make several items and let her partner chose which one she wants, but as long as your partner is okay with that, it's fine with Crochetville.

I spent a very boring weekend trying to clean my house. For the past 3 weekends, I've been working outside, trimming bushes, mowing, weed whacking, and all that good stuff. So the inside is a disaster area. I know I spent 2 days cleaning and throwing things out and recycling and vacuuming and dusting and all that not so good stuff, but it barely made a dent in Hurricane Patty's aftermath.  By this upcoming weekend, what I cleaned will be dirty again. How I hate housework.

• Like 1

Congratulations, Bailey4, winner of the Fastest Hook in the West un-contest!  LOL Tampa Doll, wasn't it you who was done that very first day last year? You guys are way faster than I would be.

#1CrochetFan, we've never had anyone make several items and let her partner chose which one she wants, but as long as your partner is okay with that, it's fine with Crochetville.

I spent a very boring weekend trying to clean my house. For the past 3 weekends, I've been working outside, trimming bushes, mowing, weed whacking, and all that good stuff. So the inside is a disaster area. I know I spent 2 days cleaning and throwing things out and recycling and vacuuming and dusting and all that not so good stuff, but it barely made a dent in Hurricane Patty's aftermath.  By this upcoming weekend, what I cleaned will be dirty again. How I hate housework.

Bingo that was me.  I have been ready and waiting for someone else to be first.  Mine is going out tomorrow.

Charis, I finished your dish cloth! I hope you like it....when you get it we can chat more about why I chose the colors and pattern. I'll also send a link to the site where I found the pattern.

I should be able to get it in the mail tomorrow, the latest on Wednesday. I'll email you with the tracking number once the PO has it in their hands.

• Like 1

Mine isn't going into the mail until Tuesday.  DH couldn't get to the post office today.  However, he has promised to drop it off on his way to work tomorrow, so it will be on its way.  I can't wait to find out what my partner thinks.

Oh my goodness! I haven't gotten to the store yet to buy yarn! look forward to a package! :D

Oh my goodness! I haven't gotten to the store yet to buy yarn! look forward to a package! :D

We have lots of time...I wanted to get yours done because I have a graph ghan I'm finishing...and another in the wings. I draw the line at 3 WIPs at once...lol! I'll email you with the DC number when I have it. :h5

• Like 1

Bailey4, I have your dishcloth finished and I was hoping to mail it on Tuesday.  But the guys were installing my carpet on Monday are taking their sweet time.  They are coming back today (Tuesday) to finish.  So I will try to mail your dishcloth on Wednesday. Silly carpeting. LOL

No rush.  Spring and summers get crazy around here especially since my niece moved back to the state with 4 little ones.  I try to get stuff done and out for commitments like this so I don't fall behind.  It can get real crazy real quick.

Yours went out this morning and I emailed you and the coordinator the tracking number.  It should arrive Friday if all goes well with the postal service.  I hope you like it. :emptymail

Oh my gosh!!! You all are so fast!! I had to catch up on housework saturday and sunday we were gone all day, monday was so busy with work and I was just plain tired last night,  so I haven't even started yet. I do have plenty of yarn but I'm being very indecisive about which pattern I want to use, sooo many to choose from. 

I'm being very indecisive about which pattern I want to use, sooo many to choose from. 

That's the good thing and the bad thing about dishcloths...so many patterns. I'm planning to start mine this evening.

• Like 1

While I was waiting to find out who my partner was, I went looking for a pot holder pattern.  I found I had one that I never made and I thought alls I needed was a color or two.

I love making something I never made before.  Not to keep fingers crossed my partner likes it.

At least I wasn't first this time. :rofl

Edited by Tampa Doll

Mary Jo - that was how I ended up making this particular patter for the swap. I had recently seen it and just HAD to make it! My dishcloth supply may be increasing when I get both time - and more cotton stash!

I just noticed I said Pot Holder when I meant dish cloth. (smacking self in head here).

Can't get more cotton, Tampa Guy says he thinks I am the only one with a Cotton room and a other yarn and thread room. :lol

• Like 1

I just noticed I said Pot Holder when I meant dish cloth. (smacking self in head here).

Can't get more cotton, Tampa Guy says he thinks I am the only one with a Cotton room and a other yarn and thread room. :lol

He's probably right---lucky you!

Mary Jo, I thought of you when I tried tracking my Barnes and noble order. It starts in the PO, left Monroe, NJ for a UPS facility....in NC...went to another in NC...and should be coming north again...lol.

Hi Idagammy-

I am making great progress..... :) I hope you can wait a little longer, like maybe another week, Idagammy.

Wow!! - to think that some dishcloths are already heading to their destinations is awesome.

According to the PO, beckyb you should get yours today.

I can't wait to see all the pictures, to see what everyone has come up with.