DesertCrocheter

Spring 2015 KISS: Dishcloths

201 posts in this topic

It's Springtime! That means it's time to throw open the windows, air the house out, and get ready for spring cleaning. This swap is going to help make that task less onerous by giving you a pretty dishcloth to clean with.

General Swap Requirements: Each swapper is required to send one cotton dishcloth. Nothing else--remember, KISS exchanges are the item (in this case, the dishcloth) and nothing else (although, of course, a card or note is allowed). There are hundreds of dishcloth patterns on the Internet and published in books, but you can be creative and make your own pattern up if you prefer.

Swap Dates: This swap starts 1 MAY 2015 and ends 30 MAY 2015. All packages must be received by the ending date, so the mailing deadline for this exchange is Saturday 23 May 2015. All packages MUST be in the mail by 23 May 2015 (mailing deadline).

GUIDELINES:

Here are the rules. Please read them thoroughly before signing up.

1. Please submit a survey if you want to participate in this exchange. (See second post for Survey information.) Surveys should be emailed to the swap coordinator, DesertCrocheter, at patrysia_520 AT msn DOT com. You will receive a confirmation email when your survey is received, and your username will be added to the list of swappers posted below. Surveys can be submitted until noon Eastern zone DST (New York City) on 29 April 2015. N.B.: Please do not send your survey as attachment--attached surveys always make my msn account freeze! Please cut and paste the survey in the body of your message.

2. It is not required that you answer all the questions on the survey (except for name, address, and Crochetville nickname), but it is a good way for your partner to know your other preferences: favorite color, allergies, etc. If you have been in a recent swap, you may want to let the hostess know who your swap partner was, so you are not accidentally teamed again (this has happened).

3. By submitting a swap survey, you agree to follow all Swap Guidelines and general forum guidelines. Please note—there is now a new requirement re: digital patterns.

4. Partner assignments will be e-mailed to you on 1 MAY 2015. Packages must be POSTMARKED BY 23 May 2015. **Proof of shipping is required whenever it is available (see Swap Guidelines for details), and the delivery confirmation number must be emailed or PM'd to the swap coordinator.** All packages should be received by the end of the swap on 30 May 2015.

5. E-mail the coordinator, DesertCrocheter at patrysia_520 AT msn DOT com, when you receive your partner information at the start of the swap, and when you send and receive your exchange item(s) so that she can keep record of who sent and received. Do not PM her through Crochetville. This is in addition to posting to the swap thread that you mailed or received your assigned partner and your packages. Lots of messages are posted to the swap thread daily. Please don’t make the swap coordinator go through all those messages to see if you sent/received your package!!! Remember, these emails are now required of all Crochetville swappers. Failure to do so will result in the accumulation of reputation points.

6. Please thank your partner for their thoughtfulness when you receive your package. It will make his or her day. **Thank-you’s MUST be posted on the swap thread, but you can post links to your blog for photos, etc., if you choose. Thank-you’s are REQUIRED!!**Please also thank your partner personally with a private email, as well as a post to the swap thread. The private thank-you lets your partner know that their package has been received, and the public thank-you lets the other swappers know what you received and adds to everyone’s enjoyment of the exchange. Both public and private thank-you’s are required.

7. Make sure your postage and receiver's address are correct before mailing. Mark your package with Crochetville KISS Swap. Do not forget that delivery confirmation (or other proof of shipping) is required whenever it is available, and the delivery confirmation must be emailed to the swap coordinator. This provides proof of mailing in case your package is lost during transit.

8. If you have a problem with your partner or an item you receive, please DO NOT post complaints to the swap board. Please PM or email the swap coordinator privately.

9. If your package is not postmarked by the Mailing Deadline of 23 May 2015, you will be subject to the consequences listed in the Swap Guidelines. Please contact the swap coordinator BEFORE the mailing deadline passes if there is a problem.

10. Since we are an international group, everyone is more than welcome to participate. That means that your exchange partner may live across the world and packages may take longer to arrive and cost more to ship. Keep this in mind when mailing items.

11. Most importantly, have fun! Happy Swapping!!

PRIVACY INFORMATION:

The information you provide on your survey is provided to assigned swap partners. Information may also be provided to the Swap Coordinator Leader (DesertCrocheter) and Crochetville administration (AmyS and Donna) for the purposes of swap coordination only. With prior permission, survey information may also be shared with members sending “Angel” replacement packages, if necessary.

IMPORTANT DATES:

April 29: survey deadline
May 23: mailing deadline
May 30: end of swap

Swap Participants

#1CrochetFan

Bailey4

beckyb

Charis

greyhoundgrandma

Idagammy

judianne

LegalWoman17

Richsgirl

TampaDoll

Partners

idagammy - #1CrochetFan

Beckyb - TampaDoll

greyhoundgrandma - Rich'sGirl

judianna - Charis

Bailey4 - LegalWoman

Edited by DesertCrocheter

Spring 2015 KISS Survey: DISHCLOTHS

What is your full name (for mailing purposes only), and C'ville nickname?

Email address for swap information?

What is your mailing address?

Do you have any allergies? (Smoke, certain scents, food items, cats/dogs, etc)? 

Do you, or anyone in your household, smoke? 

Do you mind swapping with a smoker?

Do you have cats/dogs, other pets?

What are your favorite colors?

Would you prefer a dishcloth in specific color to match your kitchen? If so, post it here.

Are there any colors you don't like?

Are there any patterns or styles you like/dislike, e.g animal or flower patterns? If so, post it here.

Can you ship internationally?

* Have you read all of the swap rules, both for this specific swap and the general swap guidelines? And do you agree to follow these rules?

* Have you read the Copyright/Trademark Guidelines for Swaps and RAOKs? And do you agree to follow these rules?

*Anything you want the swap hostess to know? (This information is removed before survey information is sent to your partner. It's kept private and confidential). E.g., a recent swap partner so you’re not partnered again, if someone is your relative, etc.

Edited by DesertCrocheter

I think I will wait until I am more experienced at crocheting, but hope to join one soon! :)

This is going to be fun.  Tribble79 this is a great swap to get your feet wet with and as idagammy says a great way to practice. 

I saw your bag and that is adorable.

1 person likes this

Hello, fellow swappers. Crumby weather here today but was able to get lots of yard work done over the weekend.

I checked out some great dishcloth patterns so now I guess it's time for us to wait.

Tribble79- I second what Tampadoll said-take the plunge and sign up. All skill levels are very welcomed here, and any of us that consider ourselves advanced didn't get that way overnight. Dishcloths are a very simple, beginner project, and it's a great way for you to practice whatever stitch you like. :)

1 person likes this

I'm happy to see some familiar names in the surveys!

Tribble, let me give you official urging to join us. KISS exchanges are a great way to experience your first online swap--because it's just the item, nothing more. And dishcloths are easy to make. If you've never worked with cotton, one small ball of Peaches and Creme or Sugar and Cream will be enough. It's a square, with as simple or as complicated a pattern as you like. There are lots of free patterns out on the web. And if you go into the archived section here in the swap forum (just check up in the list of swaps, it's near the top), you can search on "dishcloth" and previous KISS dishcloth swaps will come up, and you can see what patterns people have used in the past. Plus, we're all here to help you! I hope you'll join.

Patty

1 person likes this

Oo! I'm in! I'll get that survey done soon!

Edit, survey sent!

Edited by Charis
1 person likes this

Only a couple more days to wait till we get our partners, yay!!!   

Edited by beckyb

Yep- the countdown starts. Only two more days!:)

'BeckyB-Only a couple more days to wait till we get our partners, yay!!! '

Thanks for being so welcoming. I am going to wait until the next one as I have 2 major projects I need to complete before May 11th and am OVERWHELMED. I really appreciate how sweet everyone is on here... Have a wonderful day all and when everyone gets their dishcloth do you post pictures? I would love to see pictures!

Ok today is the last day of sign up. :clap:cheer  Can't wait to see who I get also.

Tribble79 we do post pictures of our dishcloths/washcloths.  It is always fun to see what everyone makes.

Whew - almost missed this! I love KISS swaps! Looking forward to playing with cotton again.

I'm going to leave this survey open a little while longer to see if we can lure anyone else to come play with us. It's almost May 1!

Patty

1 person likes this

Ok, I can't even think about anything else until next week, but count me in.

Survey sent.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
1 person likes this

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh today we get our partners.  Then the fun begins.