Tampa Doll

Very Special Tote

I thought I would let you all know the tote was delivered Saturday.  I had a scare there for a while, thanks to the PO.  I got an e-mail saying it was undeliverable as addressed.  They were sending it back.

I then went and found Elle on facebook and asked her about it and she told me she got the tote and was over whelmed with it and loves it and is so glad to have her tote back.

So all is well and I am on to the next one.

Thank you all for the nice things you all said.

• Like 2

What a very kind and thoughtful thing for you to do. This tote is beautiful and looks just like the original. Just more special I think (if that's possible). Wonderful job!

Edited by silverbelle29

wow.,so glad it got delivered safely.... I worry whenever i mail something too, until i hear that it gets there, so,I bet she was so happy to see "her" bag!!!

There are no words that are adequate to even begin to thank MaryJo for replacing my stolen tote!  Thank you as well for sending along an "N" hook!  I feel whole again!  LOL!  I got home from work on Saturday afternoon and was sitting at the table having coffee with my hubby when there was a HUGE knock on the door!  We both jumped out of our skin and I looked at him like "you're not wanted by the FBI or anything that you haven't told me about in the last 20 years, are you?" and he just shot me one of "those" looks and got up to see who was trying to batter down our door.  It was our new mail lady with a box in her hands.  She poked it through the door at DH and turned and ran for her truck.  She's always in an awful hurry, this mail person, otherwise I would have tossed the package into a sink filled with water just based on how hastily she unloaded it and ran.  LOL  I knew that I hadn't ordered anything, and then I looked at the return address and saw MaryJo's name.  I just knew what she had done and I immediately started to cry as I was opening it.  DH said "I just don't understand you women, you cry at the drop of a souffle!  This is a happy thing, isn't it?" and I said to him "you know very well that people don't just cry when they are sad, they also cry when they are very happy" and he pointed out that he has only seen me cry happy tears about three times in all the years we have known each other, so this must be very special, indeed!    When I saw that not only had MaryJo replaced my beloved tote, she made an exact replica of it, I was even more emotional since my original tote was a December tote and, as such, it was red, green and white, the traditional Christmas colors.  Having no family except for my hubby (and one cousin that I have not seen in 14 years), Christmas gifts are something of a rarity, so that was another reason that tote was so special to me.  I am absolutely ecstatic to have my tote again!  MaryJo, I love you to the moon and back, I cannot believe you went to such trouble for me!  God Bless You!  And a million thanks!  Make that a million and one!   :hug  :c9

Edited by Elle
  • Like 4

You are an angel to us all. We need more people like you in the world. You are the sweetest and kind person we all know. We love you!!

Edited by owlvamp

What an exceptionally generous person you are.  Not only do you make and give away a tote each month, you went through all that trouble to recreate this bag. 

Having survived the trauma of a home invasion (we were home when ours happened)I know the emotional turmoil that is happening to her and her family. I'm sure she will take much comfort in her replacement tote from The Crochetville Angel :angel

I agree; it was so very, very nice of you not only to replace the tote but to try your hardest to make it the same and include the missing hook.  :manyheart

So sorry Elle about troubles. :hug