Need help attaching ears to hat

Hookin Catluvr

Question

5 answers to this question

They would be whipstitched to your base.

Getting them to stand up is very tricky. Incorporating pipe cleaners around the crocheting of the ears or placing pipe cleaners inside could help, but through washing, they may rust. Plus, for a baby you wouldn't want them poking out. Also, the hat would need to be spot cleaned.

The best standing bunny ears that I can think of would be doubling each ear- stitching a back to a front piece and incorporating a crisp/ thick interfacing inside or some sort of heavy duty lining. This can be found at a fabric store. Then, when attaching to the base attach them up a little bit and not along the ends.

Another thing is that if you crochet really tight that sometimes alone will help.

When I make my own bunny ears, I like to do them doubled by crocheting a circle bigger than what I want and then I crochet even stitches all around for for as many rows as I want the ears long and I don't always stuff them. I smoosh the piece together making it fold together as a flat piece and whip stitch it to the head . It generally keeps the shape.

I like to do really long bunny ears if I'm going to let them hang. So, cute, especially for a little baby. When I finish the ear, I just leave about a 18" tail and use it to whip stitch the ears to the hat. I like to pick my holes before I start so I have a game plan going into it. Otherwise, I just get all willy nilly about attaching them and it ends up looking messy.

Kristen

http://www.rainbowtized.com

Archived