Sea Critter Amigurumi

yarn_monkey

My nephew's 1st birthday party was on Saturday and Sister had a nautical ocean theme. Naturally I had to make something to use, so I found patterns for a couple amigurumi and we set those around the table. I was really happy with them, so I thought I'd share.  :)

Sea Turtle 

Red Heart yarn (no labels in the stash so I don't know what colors exactly) 

Pattern here (in Spanish)

post-11765-0-11250700-1427684146_thumb.jpg

Octopus 

Red Heart (no label)

Pattern here 

post-11765-0-16356900-1427684154_thumb.jpg

Little Fishy

Red Heart (no label) 

Pattern here by C'ville's champygirl

post-11765-0-86730200-1427684163_thumb.jpg

Starfish

Bernat Waverly (no labels) 

Pattern here

post-11765-0-58815400-1427684173_thumb.jpg

And a couple action shots. Peanut was thrilled! Lol

post-11765-0-00035400-1427684239_thumb.jpgpost-11765-0-63383300-1427684240_thumb.jpg

On the sea turtle... I took 7 years of Spanish between high school and college so I understood the basics of what the pattern said and the couple words I didn't know, I had to look up. I tried the translate button too but I guess the pattern is actually posted as an image on the blog so that part didn't translate. I'll try contacting the designer this evening and maybe he'll let me translate it to English and either he can post it or he'll let me do it for you. I hate to just do it and send it around without asking.

On the sea turtle... I took 7 years of Spanish between high school and college so I understood the basics of what the pattern said and the couple words I didn't know, I had to look up. I tried the translate button too but I guess the pattern is actually posted as an image on the blog so that part didn't translate. I'll try contacting the designer this evening and maybe he'll let me translate it to English and either he can post it or he'll let me do it for you. I hate to just do it and send it around without asking.

Wonderful! I totally understand. I'll be patient and wait for your reply. I know no spanish. I think it's cool to know different languages.

Thanks, ladies! 

Wonderful! I totally understand. I'll be patient and wait for your reply. I know no spanish. I think it's cool to know different languages.

I'm definitely not fluent, although I wish I was. It's one of those things that if you don't use it on a regular basis, you start to lose it. I wrote an email to the designer and we'll see what happens. Fingers crossed! I sent it in Spanish and hopefully it was understandable... I apologized for my poor language skills! Lol! 

I am the same way!! I feel like I'm going to offend them by being the white girl trying to speak their language. I guess it's silly but that's just how I always feel when I get the urge. I did use it a little when I was in college because I worked at the dining hall part time and there were several Spanish-speaking employees who really enjoyed it and liked to laugh at me when I messed up and help me learn. I downloaded an app on my phone that's supposed to teach you a language, it was free, but I haven't even tried it yet. 

I haven't heard anything from the designer yet, but I keep checking my email!  :)

Sea Turtle how did you understand how to make it? I would love to make one except i dont read spanish and don't see where there is a translater.

I heard back from the designer and she's hoping to get the English version posted this week so I'll keep an eye out for it. And she said my Spanish was better than her English. She wrote me back in English and I will say... I don't believe her!!  :lol

So cute!! Love the octopus tentacles!

Thanks! Peanut was a huge fan of the octopus! He grabbed it by a tentacle and just walked around the house swinging it around and squealing!  :) I really wish I had gotten a picture of that!! 

I heard back from the designer and she's hoping to get the English version posted this week so I'll keep an eye out for it. And she said my Spanish was better than her English. She wrote me back in English and I will say... I don't believe her!!  :lol

That's great news as that was the cutest sea turtle I  have seen.  I think I could have figured  out how to do it by looking at her pictures and my very rudimentary Spanish ( hey the numbers were the same as in English) but the pattern in English would be super.

Archived