Magic Rainbow Baby Blanket for Arianne

JusOneKiss

Hot off my hooks.  This blanket if for a dear friend who is having a beautiful little girl (surprise surprise...LOL).  Her other children (who are now in high school) still have the baby blankets I made for them, were making comments about how I needed to make one for the new wee one like they have....LOL (will have to see about making them both twin versions)....anyway, when the news came about this darling baby girl I was down in the dumps with compromised rotator cuffs which basically make me hurting human being.....can honestly say those commercials about aleve working are true.....granted this took me twice as long as a normal blanket would, but I think it turned out OK.  Going out in the mail and winging from Texas to California in the morning.  This is a free pattern on Ravelry from Tamara Kelly.  Whats really beautiful about this pattern are the different looks everyone who has made this has produced.  I didn't see anyone who's blankets looked alike due to different colors used.....all were beautiful.  Enjoy!!!

post-16213-0-55830500-1427673153_thumb.jpg

post-16213-0-51321900-1427673163_thumb.jpg

post-16213-0-34946300-1427673176_thumb.jpg

post-16213-0-35173900-1427673186_thumb.jpg

post-16213-0-24951800-1427673222_thumb.jpg

Very pretty. The baby girl is sure to love it through the years because of all the bright colors.

Thanks everyone, but truly, all props go to Tamara Kelly for writing this pattern. Its extremely easy, I just chose the colors. If you follow the link to the pattern, you can see all the other projects everyone else has done and they are just beautiful - all different, but all beautiful. So glad ya’ll liked my effort. Thank you from the heart….:P

Her pattern is free....here is the link  http://www.mooglyblog.com/magic-rainbow-baby-blanket/

I love this!!  What brand of yarn did you use?  Fantastic job!

Well hm...lemme see here, I used stash yarn.  Was horrified to discover that when I sent out hubby to barn to bring in the boxes that I made him cart from California to Texas when we moved - he brought in 27 boxes of yarn (and it was not even all of it....sigh) so......here goes.....Vanna's Choice in Baby Yarn (yellow - Duckie), Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn in White, Gray and a few of the bright colors, Red Heart Super Saver and Red Heart Love.  So nothing very expensive....

Archived