Rachel Kleypas-Sparrow

HELLO FROM NORWICH,NORFOLK UK

My name is Rachel. I am married and we have a daughter, son-in-law, and two adorable grandchildren, a boy,6 April and a girl,2 in May. I am 52 years old and learned crochet from my Nanny. She was my mum's mother. She told me that I could acquire the skill quickly. When our daughter was born, whom I adopted at three months. It is a personal story. I wanted a child, my sister-in-law did not want her. Enough said..it was then I set about crocheting her a blanket, which she loved.

For unforeseen circumstances, I was unable to get down to crocheting. I finally invested in wool, hooks, and patterns. I love having a large selection of patterns.

A couple of years ago, to get me out of a bout of depression, I crocheted poppies of various sizes with, or without the leaf. I think I crocheted over a hundred. I was asked to crochet a pram blanket for a doll pram. I crocheted two. I then crocheted this doll dress and cap and one other not on my device for my daughter and granddaughter.

I have now been asked to crochet some clothes for a vintage doll. I am also crocheting preemie caps and clothes, as well as, a knapsack and a backpack.

In a matter of weeks, I am an experienced crocheter. I love the unlimited patterns that you can choose. I love to mix and match patterns. It is hard to explain. It means adding or subtracting from a pattern or reducing or enlarging a pattern. For example, I used an 8mm hook to crochet a rear view mirror poppy. It was not part of the pattern. It is a hobby that is meant to be relaxing and enjoyable, not tedious or boring. Crocheting is an art form with yarn and hook.

post-71693-0-91749300-1426112528_thumb.jpg

post-71693-0-06182700-1426112548_thumb.jpg

post-71693-0-98182500-1426112572_thumb.jpg

Hi :hi and Welcome :welcome    to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

Howdy from Oklahoma

Welcome to Crochetville

Howdy from the colony of Canada :rofl  :welcome aboard :ghug