Place mats for SIL

Tampa Doll

I have been working on these place mats for a while.  I would stop and work on something else when I got tired, or if I needed to make a tote.

They are for my SIL for Christmas.  I ma thinking of making a bag or bowl to store them in.

I made a total of 4.post-105-0-39510000-1426086843_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-20036200-1426086853_thumb.jpg

The pattern is from Annie's Attic Easy Stitch Place Mat Patterns.  It is an old one I purchased long ago.

Yes it is made with cotton yarn.  I have made a couple of these.  One was yellow with black stripes, to make it look like a bee.

Thank you all.  I liked the way they turned out.

They are beautiful I love them! :). Those are my colors:).

You mentioned a bag or bowl to store them in. I crocheted a basket while ago using two strands of cotton yarn and sc very tight. That basket didn't needed any stiffeners it was keeping the right shape. That could be very decorative with a little embellishment. That is just my idea to keep that out & handy looking nice:).

Krys

Very nice. I love the contrast border on them. Sapphire's suggestion for napkin rings is a great suggestion. Then you can roll them up for storage and secure with the rings around them and they don't get wrinkled.

• 1 month later...

Archived