pink and white 12 point rr DELIVERED AND LOVED

katyallen815

Well, i think Im done with it, not sure yet if I will go a few more rounds on it or not, it now meausres about 55 from point to point, so haven't decided yet, it's for the crib, and or eventual bed of an 18 months old, so here it is, pink as pink can be, lol it is lying across my queen bed. thanks for looking....

enjoy.

post-40621-0-24408300-1425855176_thumb.jpg                     post-40621-0-62715300-1425855286_thumb.jpg

hey, thanks all, is it too big, or not big enough, or too pink, cause I put white in it to break up the pinks a bit, it would be boring without white, don't you think!! She (my friend) has not seen it yet, she trusts me , she just said pink, do you think this fits the bill, ha ha... :ty

It's beautiful and perfect for a baby girl!  AND it's my favorite color!   :yes   I have 2 questions for you tho....first of all, what kind/colors of yarn did you use?  And second, can you tell me your secret for how many rounds of each color that you do?  That is always the hardest part for me when I am making one of these.  

Beautiful! Just the right blanket for a little girl.

In the last few years I've had a revival for the love of pink since I now have 3 great granddaughters. So, needless to say, I love the way you incorporated the pinks and white.

well, thanks guys!! you have convinced me to leave it as you see it above, no more rounds, lol, thank you!!!

in answer to the question about stripes and rounds, well, I don't know I just usually wing it, on this particular one, I started with four rows for the inside circle in Perfect Pink,  then one row white, then four rows of Petal Pink,  1 row white, 2 rows Lt Raspberry,  2 rows white,  4 rows in Perfect Pink, 1 row white, 4 rows Petal Pink, and finally, 2 rows Lt Raspberry, all easily obtainable Red Heart Super Saver yarns. 

once you get the first few rows in order, just repeat your colors and rows accordingly, hope that helps ya, in fact, there is not a way to do these, that doesn't look good, so experiment, and play with it, I find four colors very pleasing to the eye...  it took four full skeins one in each color, and a bit extra for the light pink, I think, or the darker pink, anyway, i had extra so didn't mind that a bit.. The outside rows, the last one, is a killer, lol almost 500 stitches to finish it, lol.. the final measurement, was closer to 55 from point to point, than the aformentioned 50 i thought, lol enjoy, and thanks so much, do post a pic when you get one done, I love rr, there is not ever an ugly one that has been made yet! I believe i used a J hook, or an I, AND just crochet around till you reach your width you wanted!! thanks again all.    my pattern was I guess, 4 1 4 1 2 2 4 1 4 2 for the stripes, but you can mix it up, anyway you like.

That is gorgeous. It looks something like the one I want to make for Little Tribble 'cept his will be blue and red with some black for Spiderman. 

ha yeah, just my own pattern, gathered from experience with a lot of patterns I guess, a little from this one, some from that, you know! lol

Thank you SO much for the info on how you created.  Guess I should have asked which RR pattern you used?  I so want to make one in pinks like this!

I thinkI learned how to do one, on you tube though, you might try that first, lol Also, a couple people here on the ville have done patterns, so check here too!

Thanks!  I've done many, many round ripples before.  Was just curious as to which pattern you used.  There are 2 or 3 that I really like but Aggie Mays is my "go to" of choice!

Very pretty round ripple.  Perfect for a little girl.  Like kittyloverdeb said above,  the pattern I always use is Aggie May's.  A nice easy pattern and fun to make!

Archived