Worst (crochet) mistake?

Lol I think my crocheting mistake might have to be when i was first starting i made an afghan and it went narrower at the end than when i had begun... but that's not what made it bad

I figured since i had used a big hook that it would stretch a lot, so then i stretched the top to try and match the bottom's width LOL!

I would have to say my Waterfall afghan is my worst crocheting mistake. Apparently I forgot to add stitches at the last stich....so it got thinner and thinner as I went....oh well....*sigh*

Robin

I did the same thing on an improvised afghan I was making for my God Daughter. Finished using one skein of Yarn and started on Skein number 2 and finally figured out what I was doing wrong and decided, forget this, I'm gonna make some smaller projects first.

I had about a week to do three Scarves for Christmas and they turned out perfect!

My first bedspread. I had just finished a thread tablecloth of 700 motifs and knew I didn't what to do a thread bedspread. So I basically bought a bunch of worsted yarn in yellow and white and did a band of yellow followed by a band of white. I used a basic kind of granny straight across.

It was so heavy! It was so ugly! It was so too too bright yellow!

i had an afgan i was doing and i hit a big trouble point on it and could not see where it was to safe my soul asked a good friend to look at it and see if she could see the mistake ok grant it this is a very good idea two pairs of eyes looking ( i just started reading patterns after many moons of crocheting) i was on row 50 plus i was feeling good about the project ONE look at the project and she started to frog it gasping for air and crying no big smile on her face o my dill pickles frog to row 2 yes we are still friends lol but i learned my lesson count count count stitches lol or don't give it to her to look for mistakes lol we joke around saying it is a big mistake for eagle eyes to see a project lol nickname big booboo now we have trouble with a project and we know it has to frog save it for her to do she enjoy it smiling lol

i know it isn't really in the subject of thes post but figured someone needed a laugh

Not properly caring for a WIP:

Leaving the hook stuck in a WIP,

Not putting a label on the WIP as to the exact hook used, or noting the pattern,

Not putting a twist tie or safety pin in the last stitch, and having work get unravelled and tangled.

My first attempt at crocheting was back when harry potter started. I decided my first project was going to be a scarf for my oldest son. Sounds easy enough right. Well the scarf was so long it literally went down to his feet. I didn't count my stitches so naturally I had wide and narrow rows oh mercy it was a site. For some odd reason he would wear this scarf, he thought it looked like a harry potter scarf. Cody would wrap that thing around his neck 3 times so he could walk and go off to school. I would try to hide this thing and he always found it. He is 17 now and still has it somewhere. Now he hides it from me, he just knows I would probably throw it out.

I also messed up my very first afghan, one side would be longer then the next it was a funny lopsided mess.

My second attempt at crocheting is going a lot better now thankfully.

Well my mistakes in crocheting have been working on a square and the stitch wasn't right had to cut it and the yarn started to unravel then not weaving in the ends right plus trying to put squares together and them not lining up yikes

My first round blanket. silly me thought 'I don't need a pattern - it's just a circle'. Yeah right - silly me went thru an extra 3 skeins of yarn just to make it wide enough through all those ruffles upon ruffles upon ruffles that the circle turned into.

The mom thought it was great cuz she could lay the baby down and the ruffles would just pool right over her and keep her covered.

Never again.

For me would be the 12" square mitered afghan. I was supposed to make 20 squares, but I made 16 instead. There was so many ends to weave in. I got tired of making the same square over and over again. It took me forever to do.

Archived