2015 Moogly Afghan CAL

yarn_monkey

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I'm behind again, and still sure I'm the only one doing this, but in case somebody is curious about the squares...  :D

Block 16

post-11765-0-82516800-1448427312_thumb.jpg

Block 17

post-11765-0-41546000-1448427303_thumb.jpg

Block 18

post-11765-0-05440200-1448427294_thumb.jpg

Block 19

post-11765-0-24019100-1448427321_thumb.jpg

Block 20- I didn't like the CAL square because I can't get a mitered square to ever be even and I didn't like the way it was written so, I did this one instead. 

post-11765-0-20228800-1448427329_thumb.jpg

Block 21- I had more problems accessing this pattern than I was willing to deal with. Subbed this one instead.

post-11765-0-76934300-1448427339_thumb.jpg

So now I have 22 and 23 to do and 24 comes out tomorrow (later today, technically). I'm not sold on 22 because spirals drive me crazy, but we'll see!

Thanks ladies! I do like to see what everyone else is doing because it's so inspirational! Okay, that's my lame input for the evening!  :)  Haven't gotten any more squares done, but hopefully soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Nikki I've been going back looking at all those georgeous squares!! :applause  I sure  hope you show off your afghan when you get it completed... I'm wondering how I might could just squeeze in 1 more new project after the New Year! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Nikki I've been going back looking at all those georgeous squares!! :applause  I sure  hope you show off your afghan when you get it completed... I'm wondering how I might could just squeeze in 1 more new project after the New Year! :)

Thanks, Michelle! I'm getting there slowly but surely! I totally understand squeezing in another project though. I'm trying to figure out how I can combine a notebook and a calendar to plan out my projects and due dates and what not. Sister said if you're going to that sort of trouble, you have a problem!  :rofl

post-11765-0-78941000-1451357140_thumb.jpg

Square 22- I didn't feel like learning all those spirals. That's sort of a cop out because usually I use these new squares to learn something new but I just wasn't interested this time lol I used this pattern instead. 

post-11765-0-32174000-1451357151_thumb.jpg

Square 23- I did the actual square for the CAL this time, just did DC for the last row on the pattern instead of hdc because it was coming up too small, and then a row of sc to finish it off. 

Only one square left! I've already attempted square 24 and even though I know how to do bullions and gave this square a real good try... it's not happening. We aren't friends. So I'm on the hunt for a new final square! 

Nikki I already found her page and been scoping it out...I don't see a new one yet,,but I just love what you did with the 2015. and if I did it, I would want it to look just like yours because I love those colors!!!!

Beautiful squares! I want to do this too but couldn't squeeze another project in. 2016 needs to be get all my UFO's done.

Thanks! I say that every year... clearly never works out! I already have a new list a mile long for next year!  :hook

Nikki I already found her page and been scoping it out...I don't see a new one yet,,but I just love what you did with the 2015. and if I did it, I would want it to look just like yours because I love those colors!!!!

Aww, thanks Michelle! That's so sweet! I was planning on this being kind of a "scrap" ghan to use up some random skeins from my stash and I started with these three colors. I had a ton of white for my friendship ghan, the gray I had bought several skeins of for a shawl that I never started, and the blue was from DH in my stocking last year. I just loved the colors together and stuck with them. 

I was on the next to last row of this final square and ran out of the blue halfway through the last side.  :reyes  So a trip to Walmart is in order before I can actually finish it. That probably won't happen tomorrow with New Years Eve festivities but hopefully over the weekend.  :)

I finished my last square!!  :yay  I'll get them all out tomorrow and arrange them and figure out how I'm going to join them all. For now... Here's the last square! 

post-11765-0-82358400-1451709042_thumb.jpg

I used this pattern instead of the one given for CAL and added the surface slip stitch in the middle to get more color in there other than just the solid teal. 

Thanks everyone! 

Moogly has announced the 2016 CAL, post is here... I'm not sure if I'll be joining in this year, but we'll see. I have so many projects on the to do list... I'm just afraid I'll get behind and never get caught up! There isn't much info on it yet, but thought I'd share anyway.  :)

Gorgeous Nikki, that is going to be one special and lovely ghan!! cant wait to see it laid out, that is a favorite part for me, lol, i love to play with the squares!!! i think I was drprived of blocks when i was little?????

I finished my last square!!  :yay  I'll get them all out tomorrow and arrange them and figure out how I'm going to join them all. For now... Here's the last square! 

attachicon.gif2016-01-01 23.03.28.jpg

I used this pattern instead of the one given for CAL and added the surface slip stitch in the middle to get more color in there other than just the solid teal. 

Archived