2015 Moogly Afghan CAL

yarn_monkey

You know... for as easy as this square should be ... It's written horribly and definitely wasn't tested first. Beginner square it isn't, just because you have to be able to figure out what  you're supposed to be doing and what's in the pictures versus what the pattern says.  :irk

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't like square #4 so I ended up doing an alternate square. I haven't gotten around to blocking and photographing it yet. Haven't even looked at square #5 yet. I've been doing charity knitting, knitting up some baby clothes and it is so fun and cute I just can't put it down!

I know that feeling well! I just finished #5 last night but haven't gotten my ends done yet. I'll get those done tonight and hopefully post it tomorrow.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Whoops! Just realized I never did post the finished square... I'll post it tomorrow for sure! Especially since the next square is supposed to be posted in the morning!  :)

Okay, I finally remembered! Square 5... 

post-11765-0-05505500-1426826609_thumb.jpg

I need to find another skein of the gray before I get started on square 6... I think I've got one in the craft room somewhere... hopefully! 

Thanks, ladies!  :)

That's a pretty square. I've never seen one like it before. I have yet to even start #5, I have become addicted to knitting lace and I just can't put it down!

I had a couple issues with it, but I really liked the way it turned out! I can't wait to get to AC Moore and start the next one! i'm surprised I've kept up so well so far. I know how it is to have other patterns and projects that just suck you in and you can't get away from them! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just realized Block 7 was posted 2 days ago... Looks like I know what I'm doing as soon as I finish these coasters for my sister! Yikes! Updated the first post with the link and now I'm officially 2 squares behind!  :eek

Finished up square 6 this afternoon! I tried starting 7, but I can't figure out how she did her color changes and unless I can figure that out, I'll be switching out squares because I just won't live through all those ends! 

For now... here's 6! 

post-11765-0-36993800-1428294462_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I gave up on the given square for the week. I just refuse to have those ends and that knot was giving me anxiety! Lol! Instead, I used Moogly's Magic Spike Mandala Square. I messed up on the very first round and didn't have enough "petals", so I had to start over but I'm really happy with it! 

post-11765-0-38084300-1429070452_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yikes! Totally behind! I updated the first post with the last two squares and now I'm 2 squares behind on the CAL. Hopefully I'll get at least one of them done this weekend! 

Anyone else made any progress?  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I am horribly behind! First, I updated the first post with the link to Block 10. And tonight, since I didn't feel like working on blocks for my donation baby blanket or the Huggy Bunny my sister needs in like a week (whoops), I did block number 8! Still 2 behind, but I'm getting there!

I'm not thrilled with my little corner "flowers" and the way I did my colors, but I'm not so upset with it that I'm willing to frog it and start over. Oh well.

Here it is! Hopefully I'll get 9 done next week. 

post-11765-0-62605100-1431832973_thumb.jpg

I made progress a lot faster than I had planned! 

Square 9 

post-11765-0-40788700-1432004333_thumb.jpg

Square 10 

post-11765-0-22895300-1432004341_thumb.jpg

Square 9 hit 12" faster than the pattern, so I just did a row of sc after the bobble row. 

Square 10 was too small, so I did a row of dc instead of hdc and then a row of sc. 

I really like these last 2 squares!  :manyheart  Is anyone else still working on theirs?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure anyone is still doing this, but I'll keep posting my squares and updating in case people come back or find their way here!  :)

Here is block 11 that I finished this evening... I do love this one!  :manyheart

post-11765-0-70062700-1433128717_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my Block 12... a little bit of a pain in the butt and I had to add an extra row or two to get it to 12". 

post-11765-0-38939300-1434513700_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one doing this now...  :)

I really like this one too! So far I haven't really been disappointed with any of the squares in this CAL, minus the one but that's just because I have an aversion to ends.  :D

Archived