2015 Moogly Afghan CAL

yarn_monkey

Block 3 was posted this morning so I just edited the first post to include the link if anyone needs it!  :)

I'm about to start it now and then realized as I was pulling up the pattern that she's also posted the mini CAL a day early so I have that to start and then I'm working on a prayer shawl for my cousin whose husband passed away. Whew! This is why I didn't want to order yarn for the Crochet Crowd/Yarnspirations CAL too! Lol! Although I can't lie, I was really tempted and will be checking in to see how it's all going! 

Looks like I better get hooking!  :hook

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my week 3 block the Windmill Square: 

post-72221-0-94113700-1423197721_thumb.jpg

I went back and blocked my square from week 1 and took a new photo. Tamara's Kismet Square:

post-72221-0-31963300-1423197897_thumb.jpg

I took another photo of week 2 square too because I didn't like that you could see the awful green blocking mat under the square. So here's Starburst Square:

post-72221-0-58746500-1423198077_thumb.jpg

I'm going to be watching the Yarnspiration's cal. I'm very intrigued because I saw a blog post and there is supposed to be some wonderful, amazing, new technique that they are going to use. So I'm ready to see what that is. 

Your windmill square looks great! I just got mine finished, so I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it.  :)

I'll definitely have to keep my eye out for that CAL. I'd love to see what they do, especially if it's going to be new and amazing! I'm sure whatever it is will wind up on my To Do list!  :D

Thanks. Can't wait to see your pic. Mikey from Crochet Crowd said that when Yarnspirations came to him about this new technique or whatever it is, his first thought was "Can you do that with yarn?" So I can't imagine what it could be. 

Well that just leaves the possibilities wide open, doesn't it? I'm really interested to see what it could possibly be!

Never did get those ends taken care of... I have crafty ADD... crochet-DD?? Hopefully tonight and then I'll get my square posted tomorrow. I wasn't wild about how I did the order of my colors, but by the time I realized it I had come too far to justify pulling it all out and starting over. Oh well. I'll grow to love it eventually! Lol! 

Thanks, Katie!  :)

Finally quit procrastinating and got my square all decent to take a picture. And I have 10 whole days until the next one gets posted! 

post-11765-0-85236800-1423537476_thumb.jpg

Now I need to figure out the best way for me to store these, not lose them, and keep them from covering the living room for a whole year! Lol! 

Thanks, Katie!  :)

Finally quit procrastinating and got my square all decent to take a picture. And I have 10 whole days until the next one gets posted! 

attachicon.gif2015-02-09 22.00.52.jpg

Now I need to figure out the best way for me to store these, not lose them, and keep them from covering the living room for a whole year! Lol! 

Nice square! Love it!! Since I ordered my yarn online, I kept the box it came in and I'm storing all my squares in there. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know the feeling there! I'm starting mine now. We'll see how this goes. I've got several other CALs I'm trying to talk myself out of, mainly because I don't want to buy more yarn. If I can manage them without buying a bunch, I may be in trouble!  :lol

I'm on the last row and that sucker is going to take all night. It was smooth sailing until now, except I don't feel like it's very clearly written... and I feel horrible saying that. It just feels like if the designer reads it, knowing what she did and what she intends to happen, she'd understand no problem, but me coming in fresh made it difficult. Like "join with sl st." Okay that's fantastic but where? Does the beg ch count as a dc/hdc/sc whatever? Or no and we're skipping that and working our sl st into the first actual stitch?  :reyes I think I finagled it well enough but I really just prefer to be told from the beginning what I'm doing where. This last row is looking nice (it's kind of a twisted cable all the way around) but good grief it's slow going! 

Okay, I detest that final row. I hate the way it attaches to the  last row and I can't get it to do anything besides look sloppy on that last slip stitch. I got halfway done, ripped it all out and I'm doing another row like the last one and I'll even it out on the final go round. It's one of those things that looked good in theory and it just wasn't happening for me. Oh well! 

I haven't even attempted this block yet, but I wanted to let y'all know that there is a Ravelry group for this CAL. Each square gets a thread for tips and tricks and a lot of ppl post so there is a ton of help for each square. I think for complicated squares I'm going to wait a few days to do them. That'll give other people time to figure out the tricky parts and post their tips. There is also a list going on of alternate squares. So if a square just doesn't work for you or you just don't like it, you can substitute in an alternate square instead.  

I haven't even attempted this block yet, but I wanted to let y'all know that there is a Ravelry group for this CAL. Each square gets a thread for tips and tricks and a lot of ppl post so there is a ton of help for each square. I think for complicated squares I'm going to wait a few days to do them. That'll give other people time to figure out the tricky parts and post their tips. There is also a list going on of alternate squares. So if a square just doesn't work for you or you just don't like it, you can substitute in an alternate square instead.  

I don't do that place.  I will maybe try most of the square and then find a better solution to finish the square.

I don't do the forums on there either. I tried once for help with something else, but the layout was so confusing and didn't make sense to me so I gave up and only use it when there's a pattern I want.

I like this square for the most part, just don't care for how the last row looks. I'll replace it and see how it goes!

Okay, here's square 4! I gave up on that last round and did my own thing, just continuing the shells and then evening it out on the last go round. 

post-11765-0-17731600-1424486769_thumb.jpg

And I'm ready for Square 5!  :hook

• 2 weeks later...

Holy cow! The 5th square totally snuck up on  me! I can't believe it's already been two weeks. I've updated the first post and now I'm off to work on my square!  :)

Archived