Needing purse liner, preferably a knit one but open to good crochet one.

Christy.lee1989

Question

I'm sorry if this isn't where it goes, but I found a purse on YouTube, it's a crocodile stitch purse. I'm currently starting it, but I would love to make a knitted liner inside so that nothing small would fall through the holes. Well they used a j hook and ww yarn, I wanted mine smaller, so I'm using h hook and ww yarn. Can someone help me with what knit hook to use to make a line inside and how I would do it? Like pick up around using the back loops that are there or what?

Or if there is a good way to make a crochet liner I would be open to that too, but I would love a knitted liner.

3 answers to this question

I'd suggest a fabric one, it wouldn't add any bulk, wouldn't stretch, and would be more secure.  You could easily sew the seam by hand if you don't have a machine, fold over a hem at the top and sew it to the inside stitches of the purse by hand.  More secure, less work, and you could pick out a fun pattern & color(s) to coordinate with the purse.

I agree with Granny Square. I have lined the purses I have made with fabric that also coordinated with

the colors of the yarn and hand sewn it. Came out fine and they were for little girls who put everything they owned (or so it seemed, LOL) in them and they held up very well.

Roe

Archived