Help with pattern for newbie...

Cloverangel317

Question

I'm new to crochet, my mom taught me about 2 or 3 weeks ago and I have done wristers and a small purse to hold my cell phone.i want to work something bigger now and am starting a throw, but I'm confused. The pattern is... beg at center of throw, ch 76. Rd.1 beg in second ch from hook, sc in second ch and in each ch across to last ch; work 3 SC in last ch to turn corner; working along opposite side of beg ch, sc in rem loop of each of next 73 ch, work 2 SC in last ch, end by joining MC with a slight st in first sc.

So, where I get confused is when it says sc in rem loop of each of next 73 ch, work 2 SC in last ch..... when I'm at the last ch in the beginning, do I put 3 addtl sc or 3 total, and when I work around the corner, it is the opposite side of my ch, so there are 76 ch, not 73, am I supposed to skip any ch?

1 answer to this question

Welcome to the ville!

I think the stitch count is correct. One chain is the turning chain so that leaves 75. The instructions say to do three sc (total) in the last ch, so that leaves 74. You sc in 73, then you do two sc in the last ch, so they are all accounted for.

Do you understand how to work in the opposite side of the beginning chain?

Archived