Making Husband Happy...

boksie

We became snowbirds this year and came down to Florida to get away from cold winters and snow. I bought some cheap microfiber dishcloths and dishrags at Dollar Tree to start us out. Husband usually does the dishes so when he complained about microfiber not doing the job, I went to Walmart (my stash is in Kentucky) and got some cotton yarn and made some new dishcloths. Patterns are all free and if you want them the information is on my blog.

post-12937-0-60374000-1422376867_thumb.jpg

post-12937-0-10119700-1422376877_thumb.jpg

post-12937-0-72559300-1422376891_thumb.jpg

post-12937-0-73824400-1422376902_thumb.jpg

For some reason my mom will only use store bought dish cloths, but I bought a spool of tulle and used it to make a Scrubbie and she loved it. I just made a small one to try it out and she's already told me to make her some more that are a little bigger. 

Love, love, love your dishcloths- very nice. I especially like the diagonal cloth and have used that pattern myself many times. Your DH is pretty lucky to have you make him cloths he likes. Guess it goes both ways- since he's a sweetie to help you.

I need to make more of these myself. My stash for gifts is completely empty. Thanks for sharing (it's reminded me to make more).    :sun 

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice dishcloths:)

Sometimes I do crochet those for other's. As for me.. I do prefer those kitchen little sponges from my grocery store. They sell them in bunches, they are not expensive at all. They are very easy to keep them clean and not "smelly". After each use I rinse them & squize out all water out of them with one hand and put that on the side of the sink to keep it dry. Every couple days I put them to a microwave for 2 minutes on a towel paper with couple drops of dishwashing liquid to kill all bacteria's in that. They do stay clean with out any mildew smell. And I don't need to bother washing & drying them. Those little sponges even have a scrubby side if is needed. 

My daughter loves those crochet washcloths to use them in shower.

Thanks for the patterns:)

Krys

• 1 month later...

Archived