is it me or do I see on the internet an increase this year of crocheted ponchos? Are ponchos a trend this spring? The were once very popular when I was a kid in the 1970s but seem to be making a big come back this season. Your thoughts/

I noticed they were big about 10 or so years ago, remember the Martha Stewart coming home poncho?  I wore mine quite a bit until I moved from CA, it just never is poncho weather here (either freezing, raining, or 100 degrees, not many temperate days!)  And yes, I remember the '70s too, LOL.  I hadn't noticed a new poncho fad, maybe trends are just cycling faster these days.

• Like 1

I love the look...I am a definite child of the '70s and still sometimes into the Native American look. I have notices patterns coming up on line with that South West flare about them and popping up on several different crochet blogs....

I bought a pattern of a really cool one and ordered cotton to make it....what do you think? I saw this picture on FB and someone said the pattern was for sale on Raverly....found it ...bought it...

post-71966-0-32619800-1422035333_thumb.jpg

Edited by TeriAnne

Trendy or not, I've been looking for a pattern for one to wear around the house in cold weather. I haven't come up with one I really like yet, but I'm continuing to look. I wish I still had the knitted one I made in the 70s!

• Like 1