DesertCrocheter

2015 Swaps

Because of the drop in participating members, the 2015 Crochetville Swaps will be limited to just a few KISS (Keep It Simple Swaps) and the holiday swaps this year.

The first KISS exchange will be held in the spring, and we'll post announcements regarding sign-up dates a couple of weeks beforehand. Keep your eye on the calendar on the first page of Crochetville to see when details are posted.

Thank you to all the members over the years who swapped with us. We all had a lot of fun, made many far-flung friends, and saw a lot of beautiful crocheted gifts.

A happy and healthy 2015 to everyone!

The Swap Hostesses

PS All the past swap threads have been moved to the archived thread, which can be accessed near the top of the main Swap Forum page.

• Like 1

KISS swaps are my favorite too!  There were way, way too many swaps last year and the year before.  Every week another one started it seemed like. 

I like the KISS and Holiday swaps!  Can we still keep the ami swap too (another one of my favorites, maybe make it a KISS swap)?

• Like 1

I love the KISS swaps and I am so glad they aren't disappearing all together! I have been keeping my eyes peeled in this section of the board!

The ami one is great.  I really had fun with that one and the ornament KISS swap.  I agree.  The KISS swaps are fun.

• Like 1

So what kinds of KISS Swaps would people participate in?  Perhaps if we generate a list of the things we'd do we can get more people who participate in the actual swaps.

So far I can think of the ami, dishcloth, ornaments as ones I know I'd participate in as I've done all in the past and had great fun.  Any other suggestions and agreement about what you would commit to doing?

• Like 2

So what kinds of KISS Swaps would people participate in?  Perhaps if we generate a list of the things we'd do we can get more people who participate in the actual swaps.

So far I can think of the ami, dishcloth, ornaments as ones I know I'd participate in as I've done all in the past and had great fun.  Any other suggestions and agreement about what you would commit to doing?

All of these, plus the hot pad, I know there is another, but can't remember it right now.

• Like 2

I love ami but can't make them. My hands cant take it.  Love dishcloths and pot holders. Wouldn't mind trying to make towel topper that might make a good one.

• Like 1

I would really like to participate! KISS means you can only send the crocheted item?? That's kind of a bummer as I really like sending Alaska souvenirs to people! Bur I still want to play along. :)

I would really like to participate! KISS means you can only send the crocheted item?? That's kind of a bummer as I really like sending Alaska souvenirs to people! Bur I still want to play along. :)

KISS swaps only include the one item for that swap.  You can always look at the wishlists when they come out.  That might be a good time to send out something like that to people.  You'd be surprised at the connections you make there.

yeah I might do that sometime.  am also a member of an off forum swap group on yahoo where you can send trinkets so that works. An ami swap would be fun!

So we are fast approaching February and haven't seen a schedule or any swaps starting yet.  What's up with that?

I know, right?