Modified African Flower Friesian Horse

sopo

This was supposed to be a Christmas gift but didn't get started till the day after. I have a friend back in Arkansas, she's 4 ft nothing and so tiny you'd think wind could blow her away but she is a farrier (horseshoer) by trade. She trimmed all my horses back there. The locals don't want to give her a chance since she's a girl so she's having a hard time of it. She's always wanted a Friesian horse and always teasing me about crocheting her one so I thought I'd try to make one as a surprise. 

I wanted a tighter, smaller version since all black shows stuffing so I skipped a round in each flower and used hdc to join. Black is SO hard to see for me, thought I'd never get done. Then I used a contraption my friend built me to make the mane and tail and then separated the yarn to give it that curly friesian look. So glad it's finished and on it's way! lol

post-44513-0-60769900-1421334673_thumb.jpg

post-44513-0-56911300-1421334699_thumb.jpg

post-44513-0-15591800-1421334724_thumb.jpg

Thanks. Let's just say there are more mistakes hidden in this one than all the others I've done put together.  :bang

Seriously, my eyes are bad to start with. I went and bought a lamp before finishing it, got it home out of box and it didn't work. Thanks for reminding me, I need to take it back. lol  :lol

You did a wonderful job on the horse.  It is adorable.  I also have a hard time working with dark yarn and especially at night.  Usually its a little better when I get a new pair of glasses but it didn't seem to really help this time.  

Very cute! I hope it gives your friend a pick-me-up. And I hope things pick up for her in general down there. :( That must be so hard to have to deal with! I've only rarely had to deal with sexism in my workplace and it's bad enough intermittently; I can't imagine the bravery of people who get it all the time like that.

Thank you all. Randi, I used to have one of them but the light distracted me. the only time it really worked well for me, I took it to a friend's music show in Branson and the lights from the show reflected on the hook part enough to help me see in the dark. hehe didn't even have to turn it on. :D

Thank you all. Randi, I used to have one of them but the light distracted me. the only time it really worked well for me, I took it to a friend's music show in Branson and the lights from the show reflected on the hook part enough to help me see in the dark. hehe didn't even have to turn it on. :D

I've never used one before. I've always been curious how well they work. 

That is a very beautiful horse! :)

I do know what you mean working with very dark yarns:(. I could only work with them at day time. Because of that and other problems I bought me for Christmas that OTT Light. The model what I got gives a lot of light and that helps:).

While ago I crocheted a tree branch. That following morning I find out that my tree branch was dark purple instead of dark brown! LOL. That was another reason why I bought that OTT light.

Krys

• 2 months later...

Archived