2015 Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas

badrhinogillett

• 3 weeks later...

I've been getting requests from people on Facebook to join the page whose names I don't recognize.  When that happens, I check their page and if it's set to private I send a message asking how they have heard about it. I don't usually hear back, but know those messages go to an "other" folder.  If you are referring anyone to the facebook group, please make sure they respond to my message or I don't add them in order to avoid spam

an inquirey please, did I read that right, that 15 inch ripples are ok badrhino?? and what size is most used, I maybe read it but forgot it already, lol thanks. oh,and would baby yarn work I wonder, or too thin???

I started my first baby blanket for the drive this year.  I am using up small skeins of light yarn so I added a strand of yarn from a yarn cone that I bought for 25 cents at a garage sale. With two strands of yarn held together, it makes a nice weight baby blanket. Here is what I've gotten crocheted so far.

attachicon.gifRR.JPG

and these are precious!!

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to make some of these blankets. Would you please tell me where to find the pattern? Thank you.

These are Aggie May's pattern. I just sent you a PM with the details to reach Aggie May (Colleen) to get the pattern.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been absent from the Ville for quite some time. My father went on hospice care at the beginning of the year and we lost him this summer.  I have barely picked up my hook this year at all.  I'm still collecting donations and will deliver in a few weeks.  If you can get items to me soon, it can go with this year's delivery.

I've been absent from the Ville for quite some time. My father went on hospice care at the beginning of the year and we lost him this summer.  I have barely picked up my hook this year at all.  I'm still collecting donations and will deliver in a few weeks.  If you can get items to me soon, it can go with this year's delivery.

Our thoughts and prayer continue to be with you and your family during this difficult time.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to everyone who donated this year.  I wasn't able to do much - my father was under hospice care and passed away in July.  Crochet, while normally something that relaxes me, just felt like too much to try to do.  But, thanks to all of you, I will be bringing 63 afghans, 57 hats and 13 jackets to the hospital!  I am so thankful for all of you and look forward to getting more crochet done in 2016!

post-2886-0-99494400-1449550491_thumb.jpg

post-2886-0-51959000-1449550511_thumb.jpg

Just looked through old NICU threads.  Adding in this year's donation, the total afghans brought to the hospital since 2007 is 1357!  thank you!

That is fabulous, Kathryn!!

My mom and I will be delivering to the hospital today.  I"ll be thinking of all of you and the kindness you've shown the babies.  Thank you for all you do for them.  I truly appreciate it.

I"ll put up a new thread before the new year.

Archived