I hate when I crochet my hair into something!

all the time and then it's between trying to 'pull' said hair out and it breaks or frogging the stitches to be sure it's all out. lol the joys of long hair. 

LOL - I hadn't even considered this as a hazard of the craft. Short hair here. My only comparable experience is sewing my shirt to something I'm hemming by hand. Now that makes you feel really dumb.

You too!!! Ha, ha, ha!!! This has happened to me for years!

I usually brush my hair before crocheting and try to keep putting my hair behind me while I work. In warm weather I pin it up in back with a big hair clip, but that makes my neck too cold in the winter.

What helps with hair that has already migrated onto my clothes, is masking tape. I roll a length of the tape backwards around my hand, so the edges of it stick to itself and it is sticky side out. I keep rolling it until it covers my hand. Then I pat this sticky band all over the front of me so it picks up my hair, cat hair, and lint. I actually started doing this because I have a few cats and their fur gets everywhere.

funny to know it's a problem for several. i have hair down to my bum and don't always remember to pull it back. 

Been there, done that, got thrown out of a swap for "having dog hair in your work" (we don't have a dog.) I try to clip out any I see in the work, but some is going to get through no matter what. At least it's gray now and doesn't show as much :lol

LOL - I hadn't even considered this as a hazard of the craft. Short hair here. My only comparable experience is sewing my shirt to something I'm hemming by hand. Now that makes you feel really dumb.

Oh man. I've sewn something to itself before, especially with amigurumi stuff. Not my shirt yet, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just picking hair out of my afghan last night!! It happens all the time and I was so afraid it was just me! Once in a while I catch it as it goes around my pinky with the yarn and I can feel something weird is going on... but usually I don't see it until it's in there really good! So frustrating. If it's something for me, I just pick it out best I can. It'll only get worse with use anyway! If it's something for someone else, I try harder. Lol 

• 1 month later...

:lol Love the T-shirt! I heard about a book where the crocheter deliberately puts a piece of her hair into her afghans. Supposed to be a true story.

Check in "other crochet topics" - I'm not addicted to yarn.... to find more  funny T-shirt pictures.

Ellie 13 

LOL.... Yep happens to me also! How crazy is that... I do tend to pull my hair back when I am at home. We have short haired dogs and I am always trying to keep that black hair off my white yarn! It's insane!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have very long hair.  It's past my waist.  In addition, I have a cat that sheds a lot.  I think yarn attracts hair.  It doesn't matter how clean the area is or how well I secure my hair back, I always have hair trying to weave itself into my projects.  I don't even want to think about how many stitches I've had to rip out, but it's impossible to just pull it out.  To reduce the amount of hair, I put every skein into a mesh laundry bag.  It keeps hair from attaching to the skein while it's in use.  I also tie my hair back and sometimes use a headband, too.  Then I watch my stitches for hair.  If the hair is woven in the stitch, I'll rip it out.  If it's on top, I don't worry about it until it gets washed.  Wasn't there a 60's song about hair?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Between my own hair & my cat's fur, something aside from the yarn or whatever else is supposed to be in a project ends up in there. The cat hair's often easy enough to get out since he's a short haired cat, but my own hair - that's another matter! It's down past my bra strap, & so it's a length that'a pretty much impossible to get out by just pulling on it. I can usually catch it before I've gone tol far; so I've never had to frog an entire piece in order remove it. Still, it can be annoying.

One thing I made & gave to a friend had a few bits of my cat Dublin's fur in it, & my friend loved that. So in that case it was fine. She loves cats & understands the way it gets into things. ☺

I try to remember to tightly braid my hair and use a headband before I crochet.  Still, those tough little buggers find their way into my stitching and then it's frog, frog, frog.....grumble.

Archived